It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Starting from the beginning

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting from the beginning

Postby miss_muffin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:33 pm

hi everybody, haven't been around much lately (bit tricky accessing the net atm)....hope everyone is well.

basically im starting my weight loss journey from the beginning. after finally meeting a great guy and being a happy cookie i started gaining weight but he broke up with me this week so i'm feeling fat and miserable :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'm back up to 114.4kg but instead of just trying to go back to where i dropped off, i need to make a fresh start.

im starting with working on my self-esteem, which has taken a huge dive.

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Great idea Deb, starting afresh with your diet is a good way to go.
Sorry to hear of your sadness but the right guy will be just around the corner, you'll see.
Last edited by Dolly on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi Deb.......Don't be too sad mate. It's horrible when you break up with someone but we all have to remember when it happens that it is for a reason. Now your heart is open for someone new. There is someone for everyone out there. With some people it just takes a little longer to find. Everytime you are feeling sad consciously put a smile on your face, have a laugh as well if you can, and you are bound to start feeling better. Mind over matter!!!! That little book "the blue day book" is a great book to have on hand for those days when you are feeling sad. One of my best friends gave me that book a couple of years ago. And it is one of my prize possessions for when I feel a bit depressed. Just cheers you up cos you can't help but smile!

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby Fairie » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:29 pm

Welcome back Deb, sorry to hear it didn't work out with your guy.

Good luck with your fresh start and don't be to down on yourself. We are all here for you. :D

Postby carleyjt » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:32 am

Big (((hugs))) Hope we can help you feel better about yourself :D

Postby Angel » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Oh, Deb, sorry to hear your news.

Welcome back.

I know its hard but try and turn that feeling into motivation, just think how he will feel when you're looking and feeling fine - won't he feel like the loser! :twisted:

Catch you in the forum,

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:16 am

Hi Deb,
Make sure you give yourself a little time to grieve as you did just lose a potential long term relationship and that's hard. Just make sure that you don't use it as an excuse to give up on what you have achieved health wise and that you take care of yourself. Go treat yourself to a massage or makeover or something as a treat rather than finding the choccie!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Weight loss Talk