It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 am

Free Newsletter

Today I feel different

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Today I feel different

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Hello everyone :)
Today, something inside me has many of you know, I suffer from binge eating disorder and I am currently in therapy for it and seeing a dietician, who recommends that I do optifast program to lose the weight and have a 'complete break' from food....anyway, I have been TRYING to do this for the past 3 months or so, always the same, start with day with opti, (longest I have managed to stay on it is 8 days) get to about lunchtime, starving, eat a sandwich, then biscuits, then a few more sandwiches, then chips, then whatever else I can gorge on, then go to the shop, buy a block of chocolate, a bag of white choc licorice,an ice cream, a bag of doritos....I eat it all, then dinner and sit wishing for more :shock: :oops: I go to bed with a sore full stomach and a migraine feeling soo bad and disgusted with myself and out of control....anyway, I have realised today that I cannot remember a day that I have gotten out of bed and eaten a 'real' breakfast, then had m/t, lunch, a/t dinner, etc.....I started opti to change my relationship with food and my bad habits, but all I have done is create new negative ones! :shock: I know how to eat healthy, I did it before and lost 27 kgs (gained it all back in under 3 months when bingeing began) I know how to exercise, and what I need to do to be healthy...I just havent been putting it into practice....anyway I just wanted to say that I have had a 'lightbulb moment' this afternoon, which is that I am not doing myself any good at all with these shakes.....its the same cycle......binge, starve, binge, starve.....and I dont want to do it anymore! AS OF TODAY I AM GOING TO EAT HEALTHY AND I WILL NOT BINGE!!!!! I am going to eat REAL food, grains, yoghurt, fruit and veg and I will lose this weight the healthy way....I need to change these habits but right now, Im not doing Im about to walk to the local shop, buy the new slimming magazine and stock up on some healthy foods :) I actually feel pretty good about it too! :D so yeah, wish me luck! You are all my inspirations to do this :) xxxx

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 pm

sounds like you have a plan. Hope it works for you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby milkyway » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Gracie - dontcha just love those light bulb moments? I am so pleased to read that you've had one. A big part of our weight loss journey is the trial and error process we go through to find out what works for us... and most importantly, what works for us in the long run.

I had a light bulb moment a little while ago because found that my life had become so focussed on weight loss that it was fatiguing me! So instead, I've found a goal to work towards (to run a comfortable, injury free half marathon by April 2008) and I find that I'm 'training' rather than 'working out' and that I want to eat well so I can run well.

I know what I'm doing is not for everyone, but oh boy, does that mindset work for me! I've been following my 'training' program religiously and eating well. My scales have been banished (will only weigh in once per month) but I'm using my clothes as a guide and I can already tell there is a significant difference going on here :) Yay!

Good luck Gracie - I think it sounds like you've got a good plan in place.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Good on you Gracie :)

Shake replacement diets are NOT for everyone, and it certainly sounds like it wasn't working for you - so I think your decision to start eating real, healthy food again is a GREAT idea.

We're behind you 100% :)

Postby sandrah » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:36 pm

hooray to you gracie,
i have been a lot like you over the years binging and dieting myself silly.
was diagnosed with ms bout 5 years ago and a little bell rang in my head that if i did not get healthy and lose some weight my life could be sh-- and i could become dependent on others as i was becoming immobile and difficult to move (up and about in a big way now!!!)
i decided then and there that i had to change my whole outlook on food and exercise-lost over 20kg then started to creep up about 8kg again as i started to get into old habits but not as bad as before-was eating healthier but too much!!! and was not exercising.
this time i have decided it is for life!!! im gonna stay on my healthy eating plan and keep up the exercise-i feel great and people who dont even know about my ms and my weight problems tell me i look pretty fit for my age (not sure i like the for my age bit but i suppose i am 50!!!)
keep it up gracie-you can do it-believe in yourself-you are worth it!!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:23 pm

Well done mate, well done :) You deserve a big hug and a clap for that! It sounds like things have finally fallen into place for you as far as the weight loss goes. It will still be hard but now you know what you need to do, and you have the determination to do it :D

Good luck and let me know how you're doing :)
Em xoxo

Postby chubba momma » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm

well done!!

You can do this you have a positive atittude and lots of support here, and congratulations on your light bulb moment!
chubba momma

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm

That's really great! Having a plan can make everything seem simpler! Remember that plan, and that clarity of mind in a few days/weeks, when it suddenly gets tough - you CAN do this, you know how to do this!!! Good luck!!!

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:49 pm

Well done gracie, here is to the new you, dont you just love thoses lightbulb moments, the only person that is going to change your life is you so follow what make's sence to make the right choice in getting where you want to be at down the track. I'm so happy for you gracie, obslielsy the shakes arnt for you & you can do it sweety by planing what you are going to eat & loss the weight & not binge If you ever feel the urge to binge come online & talk to us or take connor to the park & stay away from thoses cupboards.
Goodluck, deffinately let me know how you go i'm here to support you 100%.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 am

hey gracie

congrats mate. i am very proud of you :) you know you can do this its just a matter of actually doing it. maybe once you have read the slimming mag from cover to cover you can cut certain things out of it and stick them around your house. like tips, recipes, pictures of happy fit people etc. let us know how you get on :)

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:18 am

Congrats on ur light bulb moment. I loved the shakes but its not for me as a 'diet' i need food and i wanted to be able to eat 'bad' foods and not stop the weight loss which is why im taking the protein shake as a snack with whatever foods i want thru the day just making sure i dont over eat. GOODLUCK.

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:09 pm

YAY for you! Thats so great, im really happy 4 you!!!

Some days are always going to be a challenge, but just have reminders around that can keep you motivated! The other day I was chilling in the sun, and thought id write down a few things i've learnt over the past yr...ended up being 4 pages and im not finished lol!

We need to learn to love and appreciate ourselves alot more. And in doing so you feel alot better.

Keep up the great work, remember our past is not our future!

Smile! :D

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:23 pm

sandrah wrote:lost over 20kg then started to creep up about 8kg again as i started to get into old habits but not as bad as before-was eating healthier but too much!!!

I can soooo relate to this!! The amout of times i've eaten "bad" food, stuffed up diets etc. I have learnt over the past week or so especially that you just gotta keep trying! Your human, and not perfect! And its so true, tomorrow is a new day! Sounds cheesy I know but its true! :D

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:10 am

Hey guys thanks so much (once again!!! :D) for the fab advice and support :) Well....I have decided to bite the bullet and do something REALLY scary tonight....I am going to join weight watchers! :shock: I noticed in slimming mag that they have a free registration offer atm, so it will only cost me $15 and then $15 a week here on out...I have always said that I couldnt afford to do a proper weight loss program, but $15 isnt much...and I really think the weighing in thing will keep me honest! Nikki seems to have had luck with WW so Im hoping I can do the same.....just a question, nikki?? Are kids allowed to come to the meetings? just because obviously I would need connor to come with me...I think Ill take a colouring book or something for him :) so yeah Im scared! lol but I think it will be really good :D xxxxx

Return to Weight loss Talk