It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Please Help- lack of motivation

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Please Help- lack of motivation

Postby ranger 2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:15 pm

I was wondering if someone out there could please help me. I am desperate to loose weight but have no motivation to do so. I am eating all the time ( have 3 main meals) and thus I'm putting weight on. I am a SAHM to a 21.5 month old and am still breastfeeding. I am wondering if someone would like to become my weightloss buddy? So that I can remain focused to lose the 10-15kg in which I would like to loose. What can I snack on that is healthy as I am running out of ideas.

Thank you for your help
Jodi :(
ranger 2

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 pm

motivation as such is hard to maintain (it's psychologically impossible to maintain that gung-ho attitude 24-7). What it needs to be about is making small changes you can live with long term.

You say you're eating 3 meals per day - that sounds fine and is what I eat. Try listing what it is you eat during the day so that you can identify things to change. maybe you can not have that biscuit with morning tea, or cut the sugar out of coffee, or go to skim milk. Gradually include more changes as each change becomes habit.

this is harder than it sounds because we all want to change everything straight away, but it is easier to maintain the changes if you do it gradually.

As far as snacks, try some celery with low fat philli, or carrot sticks and hommous, or a handfull of dried fruit and nuts.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:30 am

i agree with tegan

start off by writing down everything you eat. you will know what you really are consuming then. get out for a walk with your toddler. i put mine in the pram about 5 days out of 7 and take her for a walk. there are some members here with msn messenger and im sure that you could add them to your list if you want to chat to someone off the forum during the day etc. it is sometimes encouraging.

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 am

definely write down what u eat, find out how much u should be eating a day, work out when u can work-out and mark it into ur calendar as that day and time ill be exercising, yes there are plenty of people on here u can add on msn. Goodluck and maybe try sticking up pictures of bodies u like etc around the house.

Postby Kittie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm

I also need motivation. I really want to lose the weight, but I keep on eating. I wish I could just not be hungry!
HW: 74kg
GW1: 70kg
GW2: 65kg
Height: 165cm

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:25 pm

hey kittie do you think you are actually hungry or is it something else? i know myself that i just love food. i love the eating part even if im not hungry. i love the tastes, textures and flavours. i love the chewing part and the swallowing. do you eat because you are hungry or something else?

Postby Post baby fat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Kate your funny, you like the textures and chewing etc... LOL :P

Jodi, I agree with what everyone else said to you about writting down what you eat. I have been doing this for the past two weeks and I find it helps. I eat very well anyway but on those not so good days I don't actully feel bad or put my self down for eating a chocolate or something naughty because I look back on what I have previouly eaten and it makes me not feel guilty and makes eating properly easier because I know I can afford to eat something "bad" once in awhile.

Have a look on the motivation subject discussion because mimosa8 wrote some fantastic things. Its true how she says when your shopping to stick on the outside of the isles, that's where all the nutrious foods are.

I have a little one also, she will be one on monday 12/11/07. I didn't breastfeed so I don't know much about it however i do know that the healthier you eat the more your little one will benifit and seeing as though you are still breastfeeding your little ones well being is EXTREMLY important to you. (even though I didn't breastfeed my little ones well being is also VERY important to me. I have since started a nutrion course just to make sure she grows up with proper eating habbits).

I eat 5 times a day. Here's an example of what I'd eat in a day. This is what I had today.

Breakfast. 50grms of sanitarium granola cereal with skim milk. (the ceral is wholegrain which is low GI. Longer lasting energy)

Morning tea
2 wholemeal crackers with some spreadable chedder chesse. Green apple
( crakers= low Gi for energy and chesse is protien which helps with muscle development and helps you fill full). The more muscle you have the more fat you'll burn. Apple is a good source of fibre.

Wholemeal pitta bread with ham and chopped up red and green capscian, carrot and cucumber). Strawberry fat free yougert (which helps me with sugaur cravings cos even though its sweet I'm getting calcuim) again, bread is low gi, ham is protien and vegies are extra nutrients/vitamins. and calcuim for your teeth and bones.

Afternoon tea.
Choc base nut bar.
Choc not so good however I get my fix in a real small doseage so i don't indulge later. Nuts (almonds), good for omega 3, protein, vitamins and healthy fats (which out baby needs).

Grilled Fish (skinless frozen fish) Broccolli, Cauliflour, carrots.
This meal provides omega 3. Essential good fats. Vitamins. Minerals. Antioxidants.

As for modivation. Stick a horrible photo of yourself on the fridge. I mean the worst possible looking photo you can find. So that whenever you look at it you say YUK. Only you have the power to change. You need to be in the right frame of mind and be sure that you are doing this for you.

Need more Motivation? Look at your child. While you are breast feeding your child is feeding off your food intake. You need to be sure you are fueling yourself with as many nutrients and vitamins as possible.
Also, you need to set a good example for your little ones eating habbits in the future. After all you dont want your little one to ever feel the same way that you do right now hey?...

I'm new to this site and so far I love it. I've already learnt alot and everyone here seems really supportive. Afterall we are all here for the same reason. :lol:

Post baby fat

Return to Weight loss Talk