It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

HELP

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP

Postby sarah85 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm stuck in a rut - i keep putting on weight and tell myself i'll stop binging - but i always put it off until 'tomorrow'. I've put on 10 kg by doing this and i need to stop!! Does anyone have and idea how i can get out of that mentality of putting it off until tomorrow?
Thanks
sarah85

Postby Mandie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:07 pm

Just do it TODAY! We all say it.. I'll start a diet TOMORROW.. but tomorrow never comes! So put down the chocolate, and say no, I'm starting NOW.. half a good day is better than a whole bad day!
Mandie

Postby sarah85 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:09 pm

ok, i'll give it a shot and let u know how i go in the next few days, thanks mandie!
sarah85

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:19 pm

I don't know, because I'm doing the exact same thing at the moment! I do the "I'll start tomorrow" thing, and also the "this is the last time" thing. It's never the last time!!! :roll:

I think you just get to a breaking point where you just snap and decide this is no longer good enough... for some it takes longer to reach this point than others :?

I'm about at mine now :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:27 pm

yep i agree. just STOP and DO. STOP when you are reaching for the not so good food. and DO move away from it and go and do something else. do you have a hobby? i like scrapbooking which is good because once i get into it i cant have food or drinks around the photos or good papers :P
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:43 pm

Just think. Each day you say "i'll do it tomorrow" you get further away from your goal weight. Or the more you will have to lose.

I decided to stop wat i was doing and start going towards my goal. I could have waited till a tomorrow, and then it would have been tomorrow after tomorrow until its been a month or two and i would have gained more weight. Then when i did decide to lose weight i would have more to lose.

Its been a few months now and my eating is still much better than before and i workout when i can. I have lost 6 or so kgs, i will know tomorrow :) but yeah

Goodluck.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby sarah85 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:06 pm

thank you all for your support - it's much needed and definately appreciated!!! Gone are the days of tomorrows, I'm going to do something about it here and now. Here's hoping!! Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted xx
sarah85

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:20 pm

good on you hun ;) keep us updated :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:28 pm

How have you been today, have you haf the urge to binge?? Only you can change this it will be hard at times but if you ever get the urge to binge stop & think twice because you will only regreat it afterwards & feel disgusted in yourself for letting your self doing this. Keep your self busy if you fell down go out & go for a walk or come on this forum keep yourself occupied so that food isn't a distraction. Keep us posted on you go sweety. If it all gets' to much then you could always go & see somone about it or tell your family & friend so they can help you out aswell.
Chelle

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am

Good luck! I hope you are going well! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mandie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 am

Hope you're doing okay Sarah :)

The best thing about this forum that i love is that everyone is SO supportive.. they will support you UP or DOWN... so if you binge, come and post in the confessional and we will cheer you up and remind you why you want to lose weight! And if you have days without binging, come and post so we can celebrate with you!

You are NOT alone/.. we can help you through this :)
Mandie

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:58 am

it's really really true. Food is like any addiction really - once you MAKE yourself eat healthy, or work out you can kick the habbit. Give it a week and your body will crave the good stuff. Its like for example craveing a mars bar - the reason you do this is because you crave something sweet. Back in the days of unprocessed food it was your bodies way of saying 'hey i need an orange because i'm lacking in vitamin C' and the market has cashed in on that by tricking us into thinking 'hey i need that sugary mars bar'...theres always ups n downs but eventually we'll get there!

CC xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnFK7Qk/]
[/url]
candycane

Return to Weight loss Talk