It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 am

Free Newsletter

Wedding woes!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Wedding woes!

Postby mazzy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and look forward to chatting with everyone!
I've got a wedding coming up in March and want to lose alot of weight so I'm happy with how I look in the photos.

I've changed my eating habits considerably, but have to admit I still don't drink enough water. I have also been going for a walk for 1 hour every morning. So far on this change of lifestyl I have only managed to lose kg. I'm very disappointed about this!! I feel like giving up because it's so frustrating!!! :x

Hopefully joining this forum will keep me motivated...I haven't fallen off the wagon yet!!
I'm going to try a new program called Slimsafe for 3 weeks. Has anyone heard of this and does it work?
Any help will be appreciated!

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi Maria, welcome aboard!

Sounds like you've made some good changes already. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

I've never heard of SlimSafe.. is it like SureSlim?

Best of luck :)

Postby mazzy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Mandie,

I haven't heard of Sureslim, but Slimsafe is corely a protein based program where you incorporate 4 shakes with your normal 3 meals per day, and you are required to walk for 30mins every day.
I chose it because it sounds like something I could achieve and stick to.

How are you going with your goals?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 am

wow wish i could lose 1 kg mazzy! as they say slow and steady wins the race type thing :) keep at it.

Postby Chelle » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forum maria, Deffinately come on here for motivation. Good on you for walking everymorning, how long have you been walking for?? You say that you have changed your lifestyle with eating habbit's, I would say look at your food portion aswell write down everything in a book & counting calories alot of people on this forum use calorieking but there is also the same thing comes in a handy pocket size book by the same company that you can get from the chemist & newsagency around the $10 mark. Keep a water bottle with everywhere you go you tend to drink more water that way. Congratulation on the weightloss so far 1Kg is a good start aim for .5 to 1Kg a week. Goodluck with Slimsafe I've never heard of it before but let us know how you go on it.

Postby mazzy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Thanks for your advice Chelle..will definitely look into my portions and calorie count I think.

I've been on my new lifestyle change for about 5 weeks, have been walking for all 5 weeks and changed my eating habits for the last 4 weeks. I think dinner is my main problem because I tend to snack alot after work and have a large portion of dinner. My meals during the day are quite good in portion and content.

My 2kg loss is ok I guess but it gets hard when you know you have worked hard but the scales tell you that you haven't. But I do have to admit that I am starting to see changes in my body shape and so is my partner so all is not lost!!

Postby Bel Diamante » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi Maria!

I'm getting married too! So congrats for u babe. My wedding is not until next October, so I've got up until early September to lose weight for it. I'm on ReduceXS which is a practitioner only one at the moment. Although I'm not sticking religiously to it, I've still managed to lose 2kg. Drinking the 2L minimum water every day definately helps I've found.

Good luck babe :D

Nicky :D
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Return to Weight loss Talk