It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Has anyone tried Tony Ferguson?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Has anyone tried Tony Ferguson?

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:11 pm

I was just a bit curious :shock: to find out if anybody had given the Tony Ferguson weight lost thing a go. You know, the one with the meal replacements? I am seriously thinking about maybe trying it out for a couple of weeks. I'm not saying that I would do it forever, because it seems a bit expensive, but maybe just for a little bit.
Has anyone had any success on it?
Any comments or feedback about this would be welcomed and I would be in your debt forever! And by forever I mean as long as it took me to read your comment...
Me - fickle? That's crazy talk... :roll: :twisted:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:38 pm

hey rissa

it is a lot like the other shakes programmes available. i havent tried it personally because i cant afford it. but i have two cousins who work for mr ferguson (not through a chemist like terry white but actually work with him at his Penrith store) who have filled me in. ask any questions you have and im sure ill try and help as well as other members here who have actually experienced it first hand.
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:28 pm

I tried it not long ago and its not bad as long as you can handle the detox side affects. I had very bad diarrhea (sorry to be graphic) and bad headaches.

But it usually only lasts a few days and lots of people have been quite successful on it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Please be as graphic as possible! That side effect is exactly the same thing other people have told me. Might be an idea to start it on the weekend :) if I end up doing it.

Thanks for the info. I think those side effects might be pretty standard for anything like this.
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 am

I did it for 7 weeks and lost about 7 kg, which I have managed to maintain the last couple of months.

Basically the detoxd is hell. If you make it through the first week or so you will feel GREAT.

During detox I thought I was going to stab someone. I contemplated beating fellow grocery shoppers about the head with their sacks of potatoes and breadsticks (carbs became like crack cocainne for me).

When a little boy started whining to his Mum that he wanted Nacho Cheese Supreme NOT Original CC's I had sick recurring visions of ramming him into the shelves with my trolley - only stopping when a policeman arrived to negotiate with me "it's over Sharna .... let him go".

Eventually I gave up on venturing into the cereal / pasta / chip aisles.

At work all I could think about was food, I actually thought the pot plants were talking to me. I would shriek with laughter for no good reason. My husband (we work together, just the two of us) actually ordered me to go home one day.

BUT .... post detox .. well, the weight drops off, you sleep better, think more clearly and it really does break a food addiction and stop binging. If you get creative with food it's a great way to learn how to eliminate a lot of the starchy carbs we depend upon as staples.

I no longer have bread at dinner, and we eat a tonne more vegies. My hubby dropped 6 kg or so just following the concept of curbing the carbs a little and filling up on salads.

It does work if you stick to it and it wotrks out cheap if you normally buy your lunch like I did. I did spend a lot on supplementing the shakes with 'allowed' veg and fruit, but my skin thanked me for it. Add to that the 2L minimum water intake and I glowed.

Any questions - just ask!
Lush Gal

Postby Rissa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Being violent towards others...really that is what I am like now so I shudder to think what I'll be like if I give this a go! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've never done a detox before, so I'm thinking it might be good for me to give it a go. And, sure, it will be nearly impossible for me to keep on, but I have the urge to try it.
And all i do now is obsess over food, so I may as well do it while going though potato withdrawal. Sure, it may make me crazy and snappish...but wait that sounds like me now...
Hmmm, still mulling over it. Might check it out tomorrow...
Thanks for the info, Sharna!
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Rissa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:27 pm

Meant to ask you, Lush Gal - did you experience the same side effects that some others I've talked to have? for example:

- running to the toilet A LOT (the dreaded 'D' word) at the beginning

-headaches

-urge to beat people over the head for no reason except for the fact that they were chewing to loudly

Thanks!
Rissa
[/url]
Rissa

side effects

Postby janda » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 am

i hate to think how this will affect me as i'm already grumpy lately. i went through my first day yesterday on kate morgan. not too bad. i'm trying to get my profile up to scratch
i'm doing kate morgan and liking it

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtCPm0W/]
[/url]
janda

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 am

hey again,

TF really does break a food obsession, even if you feel the exact opposite during the first week or two!

As for the loo, no "d" here but then again, I avoided too much artificial sweetener. However, I was weeing so much my hubby suspected I had a crack habit and was using TF as an excuse to get to the loo.

That said, by week 2-3 my trips to the toilet returned to normal and my wee was a psychadelic colour and smell (a sign of ketosis apparently).

After the initial detox I felt GREAT - I even started doing Spin classes!

My biggest tip is to get onto the TF website and the recipe forum. Between "notatoes" and no pasta lasagna, plus all the great soups and salad ideas I ate fantastically. We ate out at least once a week too, I usually stuck to protein and salad, and I had a couple of glasses of wine.

We eat so much better now because of TF, and you also get to have that smug feeling as you wheel your vegie ladden trolley around the supermarket.
Lush Gal

Postby tanya » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:33 am

I did TF for about 2 months at the start of the year and really like dit. In the end it was too expensive tho and i missed real food and was starting to be naughty so i stopped it.
I lost 8kg on it, I think i had two days worth of headaches for the detox and then was fine. I don't remember being grumpy or anything either.
I liked the feeling from not eating any carbs. Did you notice you felt better at all lushgal? like um the carbs were weighing you down a bit.. if that makes any sense lol :oops:
If you do decide to do it i agree with lushgal that you should definitely check out the tf forums recipe section. My fave recipe that i still make now is the faketii one.
And also get lots of diet jelly. Its great when your hungry and cant have anything else.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:04 am

Yeah - totally agree - you definitely feel less weighed down and bloated!

My tummy was very flat whilst on TF!!
Lush Gal

Postby Rissa » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Well, I took the plunge and dediced to start on Tony Ferguson on Wednesday.

So today is day 3 - so far, so good. I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me, but so far I'm not craving anything. Usually around this time when I start a new 'diet', I would be dreaming of chocolate and ice-cream and chips oh my!

I know i'm very early into this, but so far I haven't been too bad in terms of side effect. A bit headachy, but nothing I can't cope with. None of the dreaded 'd' just yet!

Thanks for the tip about the recipes, Lush Gal and Tanya, I'll definitely head over there to look around.
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Good on you Rissa - good luck with it :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:44 am

hey rissa let us know how it goes. it doesnt seem to be affecting you too much :) theres actually a job in the paper today for a Tony Ferguson consultant and i am going to email the lady about it and get a job description,
kate_turner2000

Postby Rissa » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 pm

That is a great idea! I actually think that would be pretty intersting job, especially to see what the description is. I went on my lunch hour to the chemist to register to join last week, and it was really busy! They had about 3 or 4 separate booths set up, a fair few employees just for this, and there were people everywhere buying these shakes etc. Seems very popular!
[/url]
Rissa

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk