It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Crime & Punishment

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Crime & Punishment

Postby Immortal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:22 am

If you've had a bad weekend for whatever reason, and eaten stuff you shouldn't have, do you tend to punish yourself, and if so, with what???
Victims; Aren't we all...

Postby loveat116 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:26 am

I dont punish myself, I dont restrict my calories.

I just move on and get over it, every day is a new day.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!

Postby Sas » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:29 am

I just work harder when I work out. Also make sure I have a very healthy day on Monday to make me feel better... like today in my case!

I often have slip up's on the weekend... I just make sure I'm nice and healthy for the rest of the week.

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 am

I try to exercise more the next day, but generally I don't "punish", I move on, because everybody makes mistakes, and I know it's what you do 80% of the time that counts, no one is an angel 100% of the time!

Even skinny people eat cake sometimes...

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 am

I take a good long look in the mirror naked. I then re-asses what is more important - being slim and healthy or eating a cheeseburger ....

My hubby thinks I'm nuts some days, but honestly, it works for me - forces me to get real.

I read somehwhere once that during a craving, you should consider how it would feel to eat the food you are craving (say a burger otr chocolate) NAKED IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR. That maccas run aint so fun now eh?

I also try to exercise the day after and keep up the water.
Lush Gal

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:23 am

I wouldnt say I punish my self but i do go harder at the gym to make up if I had a shocking weeknd the next day. Everyone human so lifes all about making mistakes & getting over it. Hey congrat's on lossing almost 20Kg are you still on duromine??

Postby chubba momma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:27 pm

i do get angry at myself, some days it makes me want to give up but then i look for some inspiring quote or something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and then i know i just got to get over it and start a fresh tomorrow
chubba momma

Postby Immortal » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Pretty much off the duromine. I use it occasionally if I remember... And use it mostly for my night shifts, because I feel most bored on those, so having nothing to do and needing to eat, becomes a good excuse to EAT, eat, eat.
So use the duromine to restrict my hunger, keep me awake etc... But as I said I have to remember it first.
Victims; Aren't we all...

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:29 am

I don't so much punish as attempt to compensate. So I might use it as motivation to get my butt out of bed and go cycling the next day, or go for a run on the weekend, or go faster on my bike or something
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby milkyway » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:43 am

I beat myself up about it for a while but then get over it. Onwards and upwards :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 am

I guess I punish myself by beating myself up and feeling guilty, probably for a LOT longer than necessary. I seem to take quite a while to get over things. It'll play on my mind for at least a day afterwards :(

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 am

Yeah it plays on my mind. It makes me feel like such a failure. You know the whole 'why can't I bloody well stick to this, you are so pathetic and worthless and a failure'. It’s self destructive and does more damage. I wish I could just forget about it, but it’s difficult to change old habits. But by way of compensation, I tend to eat better for the rest of the week with more exercise.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby charlimc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:42 pm

if i fall off the wagon i find it very difficult to get back on it, i feel i have failed and thats it and i continue failing making me more misrable, after i came back from my lil 3 day anniversary get away stacking on 3kg in those 3 days i havnt been back with the same motivation as before, you prob have noticed that i havnt hadly been on here i just ignore the exercise, the good food, the scales and this site. lately i have been a lil better but not as good as before, but i woke up this morning thinking i gotta get my self sorted out my bday is in jan and i wana look some what nice u know. so this morning i weighed myself ive lost 2gk of the 3 kgs i put on so lose one more kg and i will be bacvk where i left off b4 my lil get away.

my biggest problem is that i cant seem to focus on more than 1 thing at once, when it was weightloss thats all i thought about that what my day was consumed of.. i go to extreme or nothing at all i need a balance.
Charli x

Postby apalmer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:44 pm

Yeah, the past is gone and can't be reclaimed. At the most I will try and balance it out by eating less fatty food, but in the end, I resolve to do better next time.

I used to hate the feeling of stuffing up and then regretting it for the next week but then I learnt that worrying does nothing. ACTION does.
Start Weight-95.4
Current Weight - 94.1kg
Target Weight- 74kg
Height- 181.2cm
My Favourite Way To Lose Weight

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:51 am

When I fall off the wagon, I blame myself shocking but I do get back on track within next meal.

Return to Weight loss Talk