It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Caffeine adicts - help me!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Caffeine adicts - help me!

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 am

So, I don't normally have any caffeine. Well, chocolate, but there's not a whole lot in that. But last night I wanted to stay up all night doing an essay, so I drank a can of V, and 2x600mL coke zero. I didn't sleep (which is what I wanted). This morning I feel squishy and ill in my tummy, and I looked it up online and it said it can give you excess stomach acid. The amount I had didn't seem to be huge, but maybe cos I'm not used to it? Also when my tummy's empty I burp a lot, and it seemed really acidy. At about 5 I ate some nuts, cos I figured maybe if I gave my tummy something to do it would leave me alone. I've also been drinking lots of water, trying to dilute it. When the dining hall opened I had cereal with lots of milk and a banana - they seemed like things that might help the acidy. I think they have, but I still feel wonky.

So, caffeine addicts - how do I feel better after my caffeine semi-binge? Any advice is welcome.
rivenriver

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:32 am

the fact you havn't had any sleep could also be part of it.

If I havn't had sleep I feel like crap. Queasy and dizzy.

You didn't consume a huge amount of caffiene but if your not used to it, then your body will be reacting to it.

I suggest having a sleep, you'll probably feel so much better afterwards.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:45 am

Can't. No sleep til the essay is done. :(
rivenriver

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:47 am

I'm not sure what else to suggest then. Food would probably help, but what you really need is sleep.

See this is why I never went to Uni, I like sleep.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:57 am

More caffeine? Hair of the dog hehehe?

Don't know what else you could do :? A 15 minute powernap maybe? Or a 15 minute walk around the block?
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 am

it probably wasnt the caffiene but the artificial sweetner in the coke zero. the same thing happens to me
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 am

@Kate: Hmm, maybe that's it, the sweetener... Is there something you do to make it go away?

@electrongirl: haha - yes, sleep is good... And you're right, food has helped, it's just taken a while to settle. Not normal yet, but getting there...

@Sarah: lol, no more caffeine for me! Maybe I will go for a walk though... I'm scared of taking a nap though, my alarm hasn't been 100% reliable lately... Yesterday I slept through it taking a power nap (I did an almost all nighter then too. 2 days in a row = not smart), and freaked out cos I thought I'd slept forever and missed handing it in. And since I need to pass this essay to pass the course... :?
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:00 am

Tough one Marti.. ah.. uni life.. so glad it's nearly over for me!

That's nothing, I used to drink 4+ Red Bulls a night :P But now I fall asleep after a coffee and a red bull.. stupid caffeine tolerance! :)

Maybe keep up the milky drinks to help with the reflux, and stick to water today!
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:49 am

*nods* I think I would probably die from 4 red bulls. The V was weird enough, cos I've never drunk it before. And I think if I'd had any more caffeine, I wouldn't have got anything done, cos I was so hyperactive! I kept singing page references to myself, and bursting out laughing at things that weren't really that interesting... Though some of these post-restoration dramatists, I have to admit, rival Lee Strasberg for the pretentious biggot drama award. They're just so awful!
rivenriver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:23 pm

i just drink lots and lots of water to flush my system out.
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:28 pm

lots of good advice, I was thinking it was probably because youhad 3 fizzy drinks thats why you got relux ,
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Weight loss Talk