It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 am

Free Newsletter

Mental Image

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:14 am

OMG thats so me! Its wierd...I agree with whoever it was above (sorry cant remember who!) said that if I am standing on my own, somtimes Im like Damn u look good! haha but then if I stand next to my mum or sister or if Im walking through a shopping center in a crowd with mirrors Im like woah :shock: Im HUGE :? *sigh* but yeah I also see myslef as smaller...just yesterday I was shopping (op shopping! :D) and picked up a size 16 singlet, I was thinking that it looked REALLY big for a size 16 and it would fit me no probs, maybe even be a bit loose..well I put it on (stretched it on! :roll: ) and it is skin tight and only comes down just under my boobs because its stretched so much :roll: I definately think Im smaller that i am...I do it all the time :roll:

bigger than think

Postby mimosa8 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:16 pm

definately. all the time! lol

i get annoyed when I try things on.. im like who did this to my body.. lol

its all changing ..

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:31 pm

I think I'm smaller than I am too. Until I see the photo's of myself, or get stuck in those food court chairs.
I recently bought a 'you beaut' digital camera with 12x optical zoom and 7.1MP. I got my mum to take a picci of me to show her how to use it. Well this damn thing has a feature called ZOOM for when you are reviewing photo's. I damn near died when I zoomed in on my photo. My chin was huge and my face looked so puffy. I got a huge shock. I think I'll go back to my film camera, at least I looked ok in those pics. :(
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby lng86 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:07 pm

Oh - I'm SO glad this topic was started!!!

I agree with Jewels, and Tegan, and Vanessa COMPLETELY. I feel bigger now then I ever did at 120+kg. It's so sad!!! Whilst I feel happy... And sexy... I feel HUGE!

I hope I snap out of it... Because I want to acknowledge how far I've come! It just doesn't seem real... It seems too easy!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Re: Mental Image

Postby help6363 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Rustie wrote:I tryed on some old jeans yesterday as I was throwing out a pile of old clothes, and of course they didnt fit. Which got me thinking about my mental image of myself.
I have this image in my head that im alot smaller than i actually am. Bit like being anerexic and thinking that your fat! I know i have put on alot of weight since I had my daughter and then my son but I somehow think that im still small.
Does anyone else feel the same??

No don't have that problem!

I am sure you will be back in those 'skinny jeans' before you know it!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!! :D

Return to Weight loss Talk