It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi guys, general chat and maybe some advice...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi guys, general chat and maybe some advice...

Postby JP1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:54 pm

I've been doing plenty of background reading and also reading up on here for motivational reasons and also for tips etc. To be honest even after a few weeks I get the impression that losing the weight might be the easy part for me and keeping it off will be the real challenge. But I want to worry about that at a much latter stage as I'm pretty motivated at the moment and have a fair amount of will power. Any comments at all would be appreciated.
JP1

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:02 pm

change in any form in life can be scary. basically i lost the weight and i put half back on because i was ill prepared for maintaining it. all i can suggest is to have a plan for when you reach the maintenace stage. a lot of it is trial and error but once you work out what is best for you then you will be fine. check out KimE's maintenance section on the forum, she is a wonderful inspiration to us all.
kate_turner2000

Postby JP1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:21 pm

OK thanks Kate and I have followed some of your story, you have done well and should be proud of yourself. As I say I'm going to just continue on at the moment and hope I don't get fed up with it all which could happen if I don't stay focused and I think its important to check out a place like this to keep you guarded against complacency. Thanks for your advice and I will certainly be doing a lot more reading up before between now and such time I hopefully do suceed in getting to a desirable weight level.
JP1

Postby lng86 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:31 pm

In my opinion, maintenance is the hardest part. Most of my clients (possibly upto 75%) are RTA (returning to active) due to losing weight - not keeping it off - being their priority. Like Kate said, it is all about trial and error... But you need to be prepared for the long term. Weight loss should be involve a change in life style... Not a quick fix! This will be the first and last time I'm ever going to lose weight! It's just too damn hard!!! Haha.

Keep up the great work!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Lush Gal » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:16 pm

I'm REALLY worried about maintenance too!

So, I'll be happy with say 58kg, but am aiming for 55kg and will weigh EVERY WEEK. That way I have a few kg to fluctuate with.
Lush Gal

Postby JP1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:22 pm

thanks for your advice Ing
JP1

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:53 am

I bought a book yesterday and read it cover to cover in about 90 mins, was really helpful in understanding the body and the interaction between what the body needs, weight loss and even the impact of exercise and the best way to exercise. Was extremely helpful in as much as I realised I'd made a couple of mistakes even over this weekend. Not to mention realising probably why I'd put the weight on in the first place.

Was a real eye opener, don't know if I'm allowed to mention the book here (obviously I have no affiliation to it anyway) but it certainly has helped me now and will do even more so I think when it gets to the stage when I will have to maintain my weight should I be fortunate enough to lose what I want to.
JP1

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:55 am

hey jp of course you can mention books you have read :)
kate_turner2000

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:11 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey jp of course you can mention books you have read :)

OK no probs, it was called The Fat Stripping Diet by Shane Bilsborough (an aussie) and was only $15.99 from K-Mart, first time I have ever flicked through any diet books at all and must have just opened it up to the right page because it grabbed my interest straight away and was a really easy to read and understand book.

As I said it made complete sense and taught me a lot maybe not quite for what I am doing now (although its reiterated a a few things and given me some tips) but when I want to eventually maintain my weight.
JP1

Return to Weight loss Talk