It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

No weight loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

No weight loss

Postby Post baby fat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:34 pm

hi, I am new to this site and I am also new to using forums so please go easy on all the codes as I may not understand what you've said.

I need some help...

I have now been going to the gym 4 times a week for the past 3 weeks and I am also eating extremly well. the thing is, i've not lost any weight and I have put on 2kgs! would anyone know why? i'm not doing weights so I don't think it could be that I am putting on muscle or could it?

I've also had ago and I have this terrible floppy stomach. dose anyone know good stomach excersises that will help the bottem half of my stomach?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone and really appreciate the help.

Post baby fat
Post baby fat

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:37 pm

hi welcome to the group. below is a list of questions to try and see where the weight is coming from.

are u doing cardio which gets the heart rate up? thats what burns calories. whats your food intake like? are you eating too much sodium? large portions? not enough food? is it close to that time of the month? are you retaining fluid? are you drinking enough water? are you doing any weights at all?
kate_turner2000

Postby Post baby fat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi kate, Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear for you because I've just finished ready your motivational stuff article. What you said has made things appear so much easier. The good thing is that shopping on the outside of the isles you get to see a whole range of new and brightly dislayed food items that are suddly more applealing. (sorry I know I have really bad spelling)!

You hit the hail on the head. I am not eating enough kilajoules per day as I under estimated and I am still even eating LESS then the estimated. I weigh 76kgs as I've put on 2 kgs in the past 3wks.
I estiamted kilajoules per day as I f I weight 64kgs (my Goal weight and the weight I was when I got married 2yrs ago). and I aslo estimated as though I am slightly active (house work Etc)... When in fact I work out 4 times a week. Stupid thing to do I know but even though I'm eating at lot less Kilajoules, I'm actually eating so much more than ever before. the differance is because it's all more natural and better for us. Even just switching to whole meal bread or whole grain bread which is even better. It make a whole of differance.

I had a baby 11mths and 3 weeks ago. We are havibg her 1st b-day party on Sunday. I have fianlly decided I deserve some me time and going to the gym and eating right has become all so exciting for me. I used to complain that my fridge was allways emtpy because we didn't eat much fridge food. Now I find myself saying we need an even bigger fridge.

Thank's for your help. I hope you we learn from each other.

Postbabyfat
Post baby fat

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:50 pm

you definately sound like you are in the right frame of mind for it all :) im sure once you eat more your body will thank you for it :) try upping your calories/kj's for a week and see if that helps?

hope you enjoy your bubbas birthday. i remember my little girls 1st bday last december and its close to her 2nd birthday now!

my apron of skin from my belly wont go away!
kate_turner2000

Postby Post baby fat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:20 pm

My stomach is the same, it's horrible. :(
Post baby fat

Return to Weight loss Talk