It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:21 am

Free Newsletter

Help me understand this...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help me understand this...

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:10 am

Ok, since 14/09 I have lost 30.5cm (I hope you all know what that means coz I don't know how to explain it...). This has been by eating (90%) good, doing cardio 3x (at least) a week and one weights+cardio session with a PT.

Why:

have the SCALES NOT GONE DOWN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhh

The clothes I have in the cupboard fit better...

But:

When I try on clothes in shops, they don't (this was at Cue, Portmans etc)

and People don't go WOW, you've lost weight..

WTF??????????????

Or am I just a bit kookoo? :oops:
aramat1980

Postby candycane » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am

You might just be plateau-ing a bit, 30.5cm does sound like a lot on your waist line, if you eat the right foods and exercise it should come off your tum because thats where we carry our weight from bad eating (look up abs diet it explains it really well https://secure.rodalequickpay.com/uof/a ... about.html - i have the book).

I'd make sure that your eating the right portion sizes, try mixing things up a bit exercise wise like make the cardio/weights harder, eat less processed foods, eat more fibre, maybe your carrying excess fluids so cut down your sodium intake.

It's really hard to say why it is your not loosing weight because i read somewhere the most muscle you can put on per month is about a pound so it shouldnt really affect your weight loss all that much.

I'd even suggest that you might want to see your doctor or a nutritionist if you're working hard and not seeing results...they might be able to suggest something or even give a reason why your not loosing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnFK7Qk/]
[/url]
candycane

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:48 am

Hmmm....here's my guess

the scales may not have gone down due to increase in muscle mass (I'm 10kg heavier than my sister but the same height and fit into the same size clothes since I have more muscle)

Your measurements going down obviously will make your current wardrobe fit better, but perhaps you are trying on different styles in the shops (or different brands that size clothes differently?). For example, you might have flared trousers in a size 16 K-Mart brand, which now fit like a glove, maybe a bit big, but when you walk into sportsgirl and try on a size 16 bootcut style, they fit your calves perfect, but won't get over your thighs. This made up example would be because Sportsgirl have smaller size standards, and you may have a figure with stocky muscular thighs (like me :roll: ) which just don't suit the cut of a bootcut. This can be vice versa too... so someone who had a big belly, but slenderish legs, might try on that pair of flares they always wanted, only to find that they baloon at the thighs and make them look like a clown .

I was shocked/disappointed to discover that although I was anticipating being able to walk into any shop and just buy whatever in my size and it would fit like a dream, even now I'm a size 10 I still can't do that because even skinny people have different body shapes so that what suits one person will not suit another.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:52 am

Sorry, just to clarify, the 30.5cm is a combination of cm lost over all of the body ie it's about 12cm off the waist, 3 off the thighs etc etc. My tummy is a different story (ie I have two children.... lol)

Butterfly Dawn, I think it may also be the cut of the clothes ie most of the clothes I have are from Kmart/Big W as they are the ones that fit (before). Maybe I have to try some on in there to see if there is a difference.

Thanks gusy for your responses!!! :lol:
aramat1980

Postby candycane » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:00 am

Yeah cut of clothes can affect stuff. There's times where i'm 2 different sizes in the same store!

A friend of mine is in her 40s and had 3 kids and when she tried the 'liver clensing diet' she had a noticeable improvement. I'd say probably because it cuts out refined sugars and processed foods. I did it too at one stage and dropped 10kgs (i put it back on but over a year so thats not too bad) - the abs diet has similar principles on processed foods and stuff, but its far less restrictive and i like that it explains a lot about the body and stuff. I put on heaps of weight from medications and lost most of it from following that. And i haven't put it back on :)) just the extra 10 from liver clensing lol

Goodluck darl

cc x

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnFK7Qk/]
[/url]
candycane

Return to Weight loss Talk