It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Free Newsletter

and another question LOL Alcohol!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

and another question LOL Alcohol!

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 am

Here goes :roll:
I don't drink alcohol very often but I did used to drink wine in my younger days with no great problems. Not a lot you understand but I could drink a bottle to myself on weekends!
But now I get tipsy on a glass of wine!!!!!!
So here is my question LOL: Having lost 11 kilos could that be why a glass of wine goes to my head and actually renders me tipsy - I even had 2 glasses of wine last weekend and I was nearly floored!! :oops:
Why, Oh WHY!!? :P
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:43 am

Hi maria

yes I think because you are alot lighter and the fact that you dont drink much these days are contributing factors as to why the wine goes straight to yiour head.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date.You are doing really well.How long have you been at it for?

I just joined this forum today and I just love this site.I have lost just over 38 kilos so far and need to loose another 10 kilos.

believe me I completley understand where you are comming from with the wine.At my biggest when I was 123kg It was not unusual for me to have ahuge bowl of pasta and wash it down with a bottle of wine and I mean the whole bottle as my hubby does not drink at all.These days I dont touch pasta and I still drink but only moderatley :D

Natalie:)
natalie

Postby Dolly » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:50 am

Hi Maria I agree with Natalie,
To my knowledge, the effects of the alcohol has everything to do with your body mass. The smaller you are, the quicker the stuff gets into your bloodstream to start it's damage.
http://www.tcada.state.tx.us/issues/danger.html
Dolly

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:52 am

Hi Natalie and welcome to the forum. You will find every one really helpful and very supportive!

Thanks for you thoughts on my tipples LOL - I tend to agree with you and that is probably why it all goes to my head after just one glass..damned it LOL

It was on October 6th Last year that I decided I need to lose weight - I had reached 84.7 kilo's and then GAINED 500 grams after excerising for a week!!

I am now currently around 74.8 now. Actually hit 74.00 dead on the nose yesterday morning so am really happy at the moment.

WOW you have lost a lot of weight!! Congratulations are in order here - well done! You will soon be at your target weight and wait and see how you feel then! It will be party time LOL

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:06 am

Hi Dolly - how are you feeling today? Hope your migraine has gone!

Yes it does seem that way but geez I did enjoy a few more glasses of wine than one glass before it went to my head - I am slmost disappointed :twisted:

I was almost floored with just two average size glasses and I was finding every thing hysterically funny!!

Is there a way to boost your metabolism to accept alcohol LOL Too funny!

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 am

My migraine is now completely gone, thanks for asking (I swear it wasn't a hangover, lol)
Think of the money you can now save by getting tanked on only a glass or two of wine rather than having to purchase a bottle of whisky. You can sip on inexpensive soda drinks for the rest of the evening and still be giggling from the wine.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Hello Tas

Thankyou for your encouragement.Well you have done really well yourself.hat weight would you like to get to?
I am 180cm tall and I am a large frame so I guess I am aiming to get to around 75 kilos.

I have gone from size 20 - 22 to a size 14-16 currentley.I aim to get into a size 12-14 and if i can achieve that I will be happy.

good on you and keep up the great work.

Natalie.

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step"
natalie

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi Natalie

I am about 168cm (5 foot 5 and half inches to be exact LOL) - so aiming to lose about another 3kilos or thereabouts.
Which would make my weight 71 kilos.
That's my next goal any way LOL
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:44 pm

Hi maria

You ae so lucky to live in beautiful Tasmania.It would have to be the best place to live in Australia by far...
You will loose that 3 kilos no worries - have you given yurself a time frame?

Natalie :D

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 pm

HI maria

Just me again! Sorry I forgot to log in!
have a great weekend and watch the wine intake! :D LOL......

Natalie
natalie

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:59 pm

HI Natalie
No, no, no wine dammit!! :lol:
Tassie is the best place - absolutely love it! Have lived in Melbourne and the Gold Coast, have lived here since 1999 - brilliant place.
I haven't set a time frame for the next few kilos really and just taking it week by week. I know for a fact that if I wanted to lose it quickly I could - but this weekend we have outdoor work to do on our hobby farm so I am pretty sure it wil come off quickly any way.

Hope I am still allowed to be here when that happens :-)

Have a great weekend!
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Angel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:16 pm

Maria,
I agree with Dolly and Natalie, unfortunately when we weigh less alcohol affects us more, also I think over time you build up your tolerance level so if you drank every week you would find in time you wouldn't be so greatly affected.

Remembering back to the days when I got my licence, alcohol also effects us differently depending on the time of day, whether the drink is fizzy or not and how much food we have in our stomach. So perhaps making sure you have had something filling in your stomach could help.

Don't forget drinking apparently opens up your fat cells so any fat you eat while drinking goes straight into storage - a dieters nightmare!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Hayley » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Hi Maria,

Wow, you sound like me - although sometimes I only have a few mouthfuls and feel quite sick. I finally worked out that this occurs every single time I have wine and have forgotten to drink much water during the day! Not a nice feeling and embarrassing at times.

If my water intake has been good, it takes me a whole glass to feel tipsy and probably 3 before I'm feeling sick. It's good and bad - it's cheap because I can't drink much in 1 sitting but there are times when I wish I could sit back with friends and enjoy a couple of wines without getting blotto!

I weigh approx 89kg at present and have always been this way with wine, even when I was 52kg (my smallest). The funny thing is that all the females on my mum's side are affected exactly the same way by alcohol. When I was younger, I used to sit back and laugh at my mum, grandma and aunties because they'd have a glass of wine and would all be a giggling mess! Now the same thing happens to me.

Do you know the strange thing is that I can basically have 5-6 drinks of. say scotch and coke, before feeling the slightest bit tipsy! Weird!

Oh yeah, and my mother in law is allergic to alcohol! I remember that she was violently ill for 3 whole days when she had a quarter of small glass of wine! She just has to have a sip of any alcohol now and she throws up for a couple of days afterwards. Obviously, she doesn't drink now and hasn't touched the stuff for at least 15 years, but before that, she used to enjoy a few drinks and feel fine. Dr's have done tests and can't explain why she's allergic to it now.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Return to Weight loss Talk