It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

how much

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

how much

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:35 am

How much weight do you think you need to lose to go down a clothing size?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 am

I once heard 7kg (or about a stone) and that rings true for me.

Hope that helps?
Lush Gal

Postby electrongirl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 am

I think it depends on the individual as our bodies are all different, but on average I have heard that its around 4-8kg.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 am

thanks for your replies, i've lost 4 kg and have lost about half a size (i think). I only want to lose 1 or 2 more kilos, but i'm not kicking myself about it as i've been told i don't need to lose weight or i don't need to lose too much more. I feel so much more confident about most of my body :oops:

Any advice for firming up breasts?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby electrongirl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:26 am

maybe doing some light weight training would help tone you up so you lose cm's.

I wish I had an answer for the breasts!! After having kids they tend to head for ground!!

There isn't any muscle in the breasts so you can't actually firm them up, however if you work the chest muscles on top of the breasts it can lift them slightly. Things like push ups, chest presses etc help with that.

I found these exercises for firming up your pecs:

1.The Modified Push Up

Lie on your stomach, bend your knees, and cross your ankles. Bend your elbows and place your palms on the floor a bit to the side and in front of your shoulders. Straighten your arms and lift your body so you're balanced on your palms and knees. Tuck your chin a few inches toward your chest so your forehead faces the floor. Tighten your abdominals.
Bend your elbows and lower your entire body at once. Rather than trying to touch your chest to the floor, lower only until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Push back up. Don't lock your elbows at the top of the movement and don't do the dreaded "head bob." That's when you dip your head toward the floor without moving any other part of your body.

2. Soup Can Press

Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and a soup can or dumbbell in each hand. Push the soup cans up so your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms face away from you. Pull your abdominals in but don't jam your back into the floor; don't let it arch way up, either. Tilt your chin toward your chest.
Lower the soup cans down and a little to the side until your elbows lightly touch the floor. Push the weights back up, taking care not to lock your elbows or allow your shoulder blades to rise off the floor. (Note: Use soup cans of equal weight. When those get too light, you can fill two Pinesol bottles with dried beans or pebbles.)

3. Incline Fly

Lie on the floor with your head, neck and upper back propped up against several large pillows. Hold a soup can or dumbbell in each hand and press the weights directly above your chest, palms facing each other. Tuck your chin to your chest to align your neck with the rest of your spine, and maintain your natural back posture, neither arched nor flattened.
Spreading your arms apart so that your elbows travel down and to the sides, lower the weights until your elbows lightly touch the floor. Maintaining a constant bend in your elbows, lift the weights back up, imagining that you have a barrel lying on your chest and you have to keep your arms wide to reach around it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:56 am

as others have said, depends on the person and body shape - and where you are buying the clothes!

exercise will help you tone up and lose cms :)

but if you look in the weight/dress size thread, you'll see a lot of variation!

like for example, i currently wear size 16 target jeans and size 16 tops mostly, with the odd 14 thrown in, and the odd 18-20 thrown in for bottoms.. have one pair of shorts that are 22s i think.. but generally i fit into 16s. and i know theres people who weigh 20kg less than me but couldnt fit into a 16! so i dont know! :shock:
Mandie

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm a bit the same as Mandie. I'm a 14-16 now, and if I go down a dress size for ever 7kg, I'll be a size 8-10 which I know is not going to happen!!

I'll be size 12 at 64kg. And happy at that!!
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Oh, and firming breasts......I've already told my hubby when I get to goal and are finished having kids, I'm having a boob job :lol: :lol:

He agreed, funnily enough :D
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby shelbel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Not to make u feel disheartened, but i lost about 12kgs before i went down a size properly! I dont trust clothing sizing tho!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:16 pm

Ok, boobies.

When I got down to 50-55kg in my early 20s my poor little boozies looked like tea bags.

So I asked at the gym and they said do as many pushups as you can whilst leaning against something (like the side of the bath) and build up to proper push ups on the floor.

IT WORKS!!! They firmed and lifted really well. Shame that I put on 20kg+ and now have saggy boobs again. Sigh, the cycle continues!
Lush Gal

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 pm

those are some great ideas, i can't wait to get started
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 pm

Be sure to take before and after pics - hehehe - JOKING!!!
Lush Gal

Postby matchbox » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42 pm

i'm the same as shel, over 10kg before i went down a size. i've lost 20 and have almost gone down 2 sizes. so yeah lol, sorry :P
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 pm

lol! i have no frikken idea. i seem to stay between 12-16 [ie from 100-75kilos) - no matter what i weigh. Stupid clothing stores :P
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:01 pm

I agree, clothing sizes suck!! I always preface the size with the store it came from. For example, a Valley Girl size 14 might be the same as a Colorado size 10... there's "small shops" and "big shops" :roll:
SarahC

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk