It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Any suggestions please?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Any suggestions please?

Postby help6363 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello :D

I am nearing my goal weight and I still haven't made peace with my body. I really should have by now......I am 34 years old!

Has anyone had success making peace with their body? If so, I would love to hear any suggestions.

Many thanks

Have a great day!

Postby blueberries » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:07 pm

we r so hard on ourselves!!!
Start Weight-79.1kg
Current Weight - 69kg
Target Weight- 58kg
Height- 166cm

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

maybe try positive affirmations. Telling yourself your beautiful and amazing (that's what i got told to do once) you deserve every good thing that comes your way. I like telling my friends that they are amazing coz they are and i think they forget it themselves sometimes :)

Yoga and meditation have been helping a friend of mine get over his own issues too :)

Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:34 pm

I'd like to share with you a few pieces from a book by Anthea Paul.

"Know your own beauty. Love and accept yourself. Feel the joy that is your natural birthright. Exult in your own existence, for it is a miracle that you are here at all. Understand that you are connected to all that you admire in the physical world and that it is merely a manifestation and reflection of all that is beautiful within you.

"You can wear a paper bag (or a flower) if you have good shoes, a good haircut and a good attitude."

"Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the fairest one of all?
You are, of course!
Your mirror is one of the most powerful - and destructive - things that you use. You may look int he mirror many times each day, so it's important to understand the damage you can do to yourself, psychologically an spiritually, every time you look at your mirror and criticize something.
So instead of being a slave to the mirror, make your mirror work fo you! In the morning, don't stand in front of it bemoaning what you don't have or what you don't like. Apart from the fact that you are showing yourself disrespect, thoughts and words are very powerful and can manifest in the very things you are focusing on. Instead, concentrate on feeling approval for yourself in every respect. Find all of your good point and practice smiling and being happy about them. Will yourself to overlook a pimple or wrinkle and tell yourself that you are a beautiful person. Love it all.
Start the day positively this way. Not only will you feel better, you will feel motivated to get out there and make it happen.
Because you deserve it!"

"Seeing the beauty in everything and everyone is the key to seeing the beauty in yourself. Rising above life's injustices and holding your head up in the most beautiful thing of all. Focus on the beauty all around you and very soon you will only be able to see yourself that way too. It is within us all and achievable every day we are here on earth.
You are beauty-full (it's true)!"

Postby help6363 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 am

Thanks for the replies, they are GREAT IDEAS! :D

Return to Weight loss Talk