It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

I must be getting Healthy!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I must be getting Healthy!

Postby Tas » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:47 am

About 2 weeks ago I had a particularly nasty burn on my arm - it was from carrying a lawn mower after it had been used (I know, I know, not the brightest things I have ever done) :roll:
Although it was a nasty burn it has practically gone now in just two weeks. I am sure we have all burned our hands on ovens etc and we know that often a dark scarring will occur - but this has almost completely gone - just a slight light pink outline, no other scarring at all - it has almost entirely disappeared!! Is it because I am now healthier than I was when over weight...I don't know, but I am amazed at how generally healthy I feel with just losing 11 kilo's!
I hope this isn't off topic at all - but just had to share my findings :D
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:14 am

Hi Maria,
That's so good that your burn has healed so quickly.
I suppose the depth of the burn should be taken into account too because all burns are different but yes you are right, the more healthy nutrients you eat, the better your immune system becoomes and the faster you'll heal.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:48 am

Thanks Dolly! Yes I agree - and also (touch wood) my crohn's has settled remarkably well with no adverse reactions to eating a larger amount of vegies, wholemeal bread, fruit etc - which a few years ago I was told to avoid!!
So all in all I am happy wih the results of general health and well of curse looking slimmer!
Even my GI is amazed that the weight came off after having to have so many meds to try and keep this crohns at a healthier level. The pills that I am on I will be on for the rest of my life and these are the very pills that gain weight and supposedly hard to get the weight back off again. It's great to prove the sceptics wrong :twisted:
My aim now is to lose another maybe 3 kilos and then maintain that weight. I have been a little naughty in some respects, like eating chocolate and cakes (in sensible portions) but then the next day I won't eat any thing that is likely to add the extra weight!
Chat soon
Maria
Tas

Postby Groovychic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:14 pm

Sounds like you have it worked out Maria. I'm still eating a bit of naughty stuff but I am balancing it with a lot of healthy stuff. Good on you for proving the sceptics wrong. My girlfriend(whom we have spoken of before) had her last bought of chrons in October and when she came out of hospital after 3 weeks she was told only to eat white bread etc. Which she did for quite a while but she is going more for the grains and fruit etc. Did mention the site to her and your email etc Maria but she wants me to show her. Which is fine but we need to be at her place together!!!! She is either at work or I am off doing something else. We are going to catch up for lunch later this week but it won't be at her house! One day we will get there. So congrats again on your achievements thus far Maria.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby natalie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:50 am

HI Maria :)

Its great that you are feeling so much healthier since loosing 11kg.You have most likeley added years to your life and not to mention what it has done for your confidence levels.I am just guessing but if youre anything like me you must be so proud of your achievements so far.

You are doing so well maria - keep up the great work.

Natalie.
natalie

Return to Weight loss Talk