It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

does anyone NOT weigh themselves..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

does anyone NOT weigh themselves..

Postby zue » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:38 am

Hi, I am on a diet (shock eh?) and have been good for 1 whole week (repeating to self ...I will not reward with food, I will not reward with food)..and am determined not to weigh myself...I am 5 feet tall and weigh about 130 which translates into 'matronly' or if you prefer 'frumpy' and I find if I diet and weigh myself I find one of 2 things...a)didn't lose any...therefore may as well eat...or b) DID lose weight so...now I can eat...So I am determined not to weigh myself for some time. Does anyone else find the scales affect their eating habits?
zue

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:37 am

I think maybe a little (I tend to have bad days on Mondays when i return to work and fundraiser choccies after weekend weigh ins), but now I've identified it, I'm hoping to stop it. There are a few on here who don't weigh, but measure instead, but I think this is because for some people the combination of muscle tone and fat loss means the loss on the scale just isn't accurate to actual change in body shape...does that make sense?

Whatever you do, good luck with it and welcome!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:03 am

Do you mean 130lbs or kg?

I only weigh myself to see how I am going, but I could throw out the scales completly. They're not accurate at all.

Its better to go by measurements or how your jeans fit.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:09 am

I hate the scales!

Measurements, and how clothes are fitting, is a MUCH better way.

Having said that, if you weigh monthly rather than weekly, the scales can be quite a good guide to how you are going...

Now if only I can bring myself to hide my scales for the next month.. :shock:
Mandie

Postby yummymummy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 am

I broke my scales and havent replaced them its been kinda liberating, I use my jeans and a couple of non-stretch tops to gage how Im going
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Sussy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:30 pm

I'm with you!!! I do the same thing and therefore only weigh myself once a fortnight (only because i want to have some idea of how i'm going and the results will hopefully look better fortnightly), and even then i get scared coz they might tell me i haven't lost anything or very much, & so then i think 'why both continuing', or 'Wow! I'm doing so well i can eat more', therefore sabotaging any good results i've achieved.
They're evil i reckon :twisted: :lol: Probably should only be used as a guide, and as the others have said, go by the way your clothes fit and feel.
I don't have any answers i'm afraid but know that you're not the only one who feels that way. :D
Sussy

Postby zue » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:58 am

so I am not strange! (at least not in this regard lol)...I shall strive to avoid scales...maybe I will do the 'how a particular pair of jeans fit' method. The worst part is my husband LOVES to weigh him self and will have a cold and not eat as much for a couple days and walk through the house constantly saying 'wow....I lost 10 pounds...." and my weight is in pounds not kg....I think in pounds inches and feet but I think we changed to the kg thing here in Nova Scotia many years ago but I refuse to assimilate. old dogs and all that.
zue

Postby Lolly » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:18 am

I brought flash new scales around Xmas last year - the batteries have died and I am so relieved. I think I became a bit obsessed with weighing myself and would do it everyday

Now, I am NOT replacing the batteries and every now and then will jump on my Mums scales to see how I am doing but the clothing method is much more accurate for me because I can SEE what good I have done :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Return to Weight loss Talk