It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Old habits....in need of help please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Old habits....in need of help please

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:25 am

.....and yet another cry for help from yours truly........

SORRY PEOPLE!! :D

When I was 20, I starved myself down to 30kgs because a guy at the time told me he could never love a 'fat chick'....... He dumped me in the end and I ate and ate...... then I grew bigger and bigger!

I have lost weight this time, by eating a specific number of calories and exercise.....I have done it the healthy way. As I am getting closer to goal weight, I keep thinking about starving myself and have done it for a couple of days! I know it's wrong but I just don't think I look any good...... Hmmmm..... I thought I would look better as I got closer to my goal weight, ugh I am so angry at myself for not looking better. Gals who are of the same weight or bigger look better than me. I am real whinger, huh? Thanks for listening to my rant! Gotta love this website!

Any suggestions, please!

Oh....I am not easily offended... :D
help6363

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 am

I didn't think you were whinging, everyone needs someone to listen to their frustrations (it's not good to keep it inside)

I am nearly at my goal weight and am not completely satisfied and still have 'fat days' so you are not alone. Ummm but i don't know what advice to give you because only you can change how you think about yourself.
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:54 am

Hey hun :)
Firstly WhAT A JERK! God aren't guys wankers sometimes??? :twisted: MAKES ME SO MAD! *takes a deep breath*
Phew! lol
Ok, :) Secondly, you cant starve yourself mate...I think if you want to be able to keep it off for life, then you need to change how you think about and relate to food (and yourself for that matter) its SUCH a hard thing, and as you know Im in therapy for the same thing (although bingeing, not starving) if you starve to lose the weight, as soon as you start eating their is a very high possibility that you will gain the weight back again, which is certainly not what you want! :shock: have you considered perhaps having a chat to your gp, or looking into some kind of counselling? Or even a dietician? You want to nip this in the bud now, dont allow it to become an eating disorder hun :shock: You are worth this. You really are.You deserve to lose this weight in a healthy way and to achieve your goals, you dont want to develop nasty habits that can be VERY hard to kick later on down the track (speaking from personal experience :roll: )
(((HUGS))) to you :)

xxxx Grace
Last edited by Playboy_bunny on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:45 pm

I agree with Grace, you need to talk to someone about this NOW.. before it becomes a big problem like it did in the past. Your GP could refer you to a counsellor maybe? Sounds like you have some issues with food and self image that can be dangerous.... and I think it's time to get some help before things get out of control.

Best of luck :) Take care of yourself! Focus on keeping your body healthy, it's the only body you'll ever have!
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:33 pm

30kg :shock: :shock: :shock: Woah, that is just... woah!!!

I'd have to agree with the others, hun.. I think it's time to talk to someone about it.. Did you ever talk to anyone about it at the time that it was all happening?

You can't keep starving yourself, girl, or you're just going to get right back on the same track you were when you ended up at 30kg :( :(

*hugs* if you need to talk some more, we're all here
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby candycane » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:43 am

weightloss can be totally frustrating. You get to a point and think why bother? there must be an easier way! but there's not!! if you starve yourself you'll totally end up exactly where you started or worse. If you eat the right way and exercise, it might take longer but its so much easier to committ and stick too...not to mention how sick you'll be if you do it. If you start starving yourself it will be a lot harder to quit!

obviously you have a lot of issues you need to work out with loveing yourself the way you are. For sure that jerk of a guy had a massive impact on your self esteem and you probably should see someone about that.

Remember we're all here for you and if you need any support we'll totally be there.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Return to Weight loss Talk