It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Free Newsletter

how do i not thnk about it

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

how do i not thnk about it

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:35 pm

i want food.

i want food now.

i am starving....well not really, but it feels like it.

Day 2 (full day) of Celebrity Slim and also the week leading up to TTOM.

I am so hungry. I forgot to buy stuff for snacks and now i am starving, all i can thnk about is dinner.........

:( i have like 2.5hrs left till i go home. its so not fair. well it is, but i am hungry.

how do i stop this, besides water
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm

sugar free gum?? Diet coke??? :shock: :roll: sorry other than water, thats all I can think of :shock: go and do something else, some cleaning or something, or read a book, so your hands are busy :) sorry hun, thats all I got :( xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:51 pm

I AM AT WORK oops caps, i am at work.

i bought a sugarfree v, and i had some gum earlier, but all the sugarfreeness is making me feel sick :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Chelle » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Go for a walk, ring someone keep yourself occuppied or you could always go out & buy some snak's so that your not like this tomorrow
Chelle

Postby candycane » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:12 pm

tea maybe [im drinking a rooibus as we speak]? Whatevers on hand i guess. Make sure you bring what you can tomorrow :)

Immerse yourself in something that needs doing. That's what i try...like all this fileing i've been neglecting
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby milkyway » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:15 pm

You may be climbing the walls now but if you can get through this afternoon, tomorrow will be easier... and the next etc. Hang in there chickie!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm

get back to work then what are you doing on the forum??? ;) hehehe just kidding :lol: I dont know....how much longer til u finish?
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:55 pm

1HR AND 5MINS :P
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:56 pm

You can do it Rach! Chewing gum is good because it gives you something to do with your mouth, if that makes sense :)
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:12 pm

mandie wat do u think of health diets? medically?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:16 pm

what do you mean by a health diet?
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:28 pm

sorry i meant shake diets?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:33 pm

Riiight. Okay, it's a tough one.

I think shake diets are good for rapid weight loss. They can be really useful to kick start weight loss, especially in patients who are extremely obese and trying to lose weight for surgery, or say patients with arthritis who would be able to exercise more with less pain if they lost some weight fast.

I think they are a short term solution.

Ultimately, people go back to eating food and unless they are following a strict maintenance plan with a healthy, balanced diet AND regular exercise, they will gain the weight back.

Shakes have NOT been proven to be effective in the long term, because people tend not to go into this "maintenance phase".

I think what happens, is people think it is easy - yeah, I just drink these shakes, eat a healthy dinner, and I lose heaps of weight! No need for exercise! And they do lose weight.

But once they go back to normal eating, their metabolism has slowed even more than before (because of the low calorie diet) and they begin to pile on the weight again.

People are also less likely to stick to shake diets in the first place, because they can be restrictive and therefore people will get hungry, frustrated, and then binge.

In summary:
I think shake diets can be useful in certain circumstances, when supervised by a doctor/dietician/naturopath/chemist, and when a specific maintenance plan is put in place.

Generally, I would ALWAYS recommend a healthy, low fat, balanced diet, with NO skipping of meals (especially breakfast) and DAILY exercise. And for the idea to be that this is the same on maintenance, although you may be able to get away with eating a little more. This is HANDS DOWN the ONLY proven way to lose weight, and keep it off for good!

Nobody likes the concept of the "lifestyle change" because you lose weight slowly - sometimes only 1kg per month, and we live in a time when we are extremely impatient, and want what we want now. Also, I think people want to lose weight to look a certain way, but don't necessarily care about being healthy - only about being a size 8 or 10 or whatever. Until this mindset changes, fad diets, shake diets, diet pills etc will all remain popular.
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm

i never use to like shake diets, i prefered healthy low fat foods, it just seems more right eating foods i can see.

i think hubby and i might use the shakes for breakies but um eat low fat wise for the rest.

i cant believe we decided this now, after we bought all the crap ha ha

if anyone wants some....we have a bit ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:41 pm

lol rach.. for breaky might be a good idea.

I usually drink Up n Go for breakfast, because I often don't get time to sit and eat something, but skipping breakfast is a BIG no no because you need to get your metabolism a kick start after fasting all night! Also, if you don't eat breakfast then you are more likely to snack all morning
Mandie

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk