It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Is anyone on the Lite'n'Easy Program

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Is anyone on the Lite'n'Easy Program

Postby summergirl » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:31 pm

I am just wondering if anyone is using the Lite n easy program and does it work for you?

If so what are the pros and cons?

I would love to hear from you.
Regards Pam

I wish it was summer all year round

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:16 pm

KimE our weightloss queen started out on them . She is in the maintance part of the forum . She maybe able to give u some info
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby milkyway » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Another member called Talia was also doing L&E but haven't heard from her for a while...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby summergirl » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:49 am

thanks girls forbgetting back to me
Regards Pam

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:33 am

the only con I really know of is the cost...although Ive never used them myself, I hear pre packaged meal programs can be quite pricey! But then again, if its just you and you have no kids, hubbie etc, then you wouldnt need to shop, so It might work out the same in the end :) LOL so I guess Im not much help :D x

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:56 am

I used to use them and found I did lose weight initially. I didnt like the foods that much and it was quite $$$, therefore I stopped.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby talia11 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi Summergirl - yes I am still here just very busy these days with work so don't have much time to get on!!
I have so far lost as you can see below on Lite n Easy - I put some back on after my cruise but am back on track again.
I love it for the conveinience and you learn very quickly about portion control which is a big thing - as well as calorie control.
It really isn't expensive as some people say - the 7 day full 1200 cal plan I am on averages out to $17 a day roughly. If you really add up buying lunches at work on the odd occasion - even if you prepare most of you own meals it isn't that much more.

The variety is awesome - you have two choices for breakfast and lunch and 60+ dinner choices.
I would defintely recommend it - and you will definitely lose weight well on it.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

Postby tiffany » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:36 pm

I used them and found it somewhat useful just like everyone else says but I was paying around $600 a month for food that I could go buy at the supermarket. I found Australian Lifestyle and Fitness which lets you eat meals that you can buy and leaves enough money in your pocket to pay for a gym membership! It not for everyone but really great thing for me. Best of luck to you! :D
Stay at home mum and loving it!

Postby summergirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi Tiffany,

What is Australian Lifestyle and Fitness all about???
Regards Pam

Hi, I just joined

Postby heidih » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi all, I just found this forum. I have also just signed up to get 1 week of Lite n' Easy meals. I decided to join, because I have been on the higher carbohydrate version of the "Curves 6 week solution" (6WS) two times now and have had success with that. The Lite N Easy 1500 calorie plan has about the same amount of calories as phase 2 of Curves 6WS and it has about the same 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat. That's why I joined up with Lite n Easy to try it out, because I know it will work, because I've been consuming the same amount of stuff on the 6WS.

It gets very tiresome buying so much food and spending all that time preparing it with the 6WS, so I thought I'd give this a go. Either way I need to prepare separate food for hubby and toddler, so it will good to have minimal preparation for myself.

Lite n Easy really does not seem expensive after buying all the food for the 6WS. When you are having Salmon and Turkey breast regularly and all the rest of the meat (2 times a day, that's on the lower protein one!!) it really drives up the cost. I think Lite n Easy might even work out cheaper, because they can bulk buy at wholesale prices.

Sorry for the ramble! :P

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:00 pm

i just signed up for lite n easy this morning, i work about 12 hours a day so im mainly doing it for the convenience, i figure the half an hour i wouldve spent cooking dinner can be spent on my crosstrainer and now i have no excuse not to eat breakfast cause it is ready for me in the fridge :)
i signed up for the 5 day 1500cals plan, its $106 so just over $20 a day which seems reasonable for 3 meals and all the snacks
my first delivery is thursday so ill let you know how it goes :)
oh and the lady on the phone was lovely!

Postby Karnak » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 pm

IMHO Lite N Easy is excellent at teaching you portion control and variety. I used it at the start of my dieting to sort of get me in the "pattern" of eating often and small amounts and it worked wonders. I still do dinners a few times a week as they are tasty, full of vegies and available in about 8mins.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:40 pm

A friend of mine did Lite n Easy and lost about 20kg. She's kept it off for a few years and looks terrific.

It's quite expensive, but I guess whether that cost is justified depends on your lifestyle. My friend didn't cook so every day she already spent quite a bit on take-away or supermarket frozen meals so the cost of Lite n Easy was pretty much equal to what she was spending on food anyway. For someone who cooks all their own meals the cost would be much more noticeable.

Return to Weight loss Talk