It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Free Newsletter

weekend slackoff

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

weekend slackoff

Postby sunshine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:00 pm

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I am just wondering if you guys stay strict during the weekend, with your diet/exercise or do you take it a bit easy. Why I am asking is that I have had a great week, food and exercise wise, and now have just ate a big bread roll with vegemite for lunch (after having salads, good stuff all week) and also want to have some alcohol with coke zero tonight, because it is Sat night and I want to relax. I don't know why I feel like this, as I ran my butt off on the treadmill yesterday and today, I don't care because it's Saturday :lol:

Do you relax a bit or am i being naughty?? Also how bad is coke zero for you. I had some malibu rum last night with soda and it was yuck, so I thought I would try it with coke zero. Mind you only two very small glasses, so thats okay. Isn't it?? Cheers everyone.
sunshine

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:02 pm

DUDE :shock: A vegemite roll and coke zero??? Those are FANTASTIC choices! What are you worried about? You made a great choice there :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby sunshine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:04 pm

OMG are you serious :D :D :D , so I am not so naughty because I am having a bread roll once during the week, ditto with coke zero? I am just so new to this and can't get used to the moderation thing, thus if I have something bad, I feel like it is really bad and bringing my weight loss efforts down.
sunshine

Postby sunshine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Oh and it was my favourite WHITE bread roll only made during the weekend, not a healthy wholemeal one :(
sunshine

Postby electrongirl » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Coke Zero is like 1 calorie. So its not naughty at all!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Juddy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm a Pepsi Max fan myself, but Coke Zero follows closely behind.

I quit drinking alcohol for a while. Most alcoholic drinks are high in carbs and apparently (I haven't read too much into it) alcohol slows the metabolism a bit?

But boycotting alcohol altogether is no fun now is it? Being a guy, I lean towards drinking low-carb beer.

I first tried Pure Blonde when it came out, then Blondi and now my favourite is Hahn Superdry... I understand most females don't like beer, but maybe give it a go and see if you like it?
Juddy

Postby sunshine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone, Juddy, I hateeee beer, wished I liked it but no, my husband likes it for me :D I would love to give up alcohol completely but I just want to have a couple of drinks on the weekend without it ruining my good work during the week. So I will give the coke zero a go, I don't drink soft drink at all during the week.
sunshine

Postby Juddy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:56 pm

Coke Zero is fine. Same with most diet drinks.

I used to hate people having a go at me for drinking pepsi max or diet coke etc; they'd say "why are you drinking softdrink if you want to lose weight" etc, then I'd tell them they don't have any sugar or anything, and they'd reply with "Artificial sweeteners cause cancer"

Sometimes I feel people make things up just to make themselves feel better about what they are doing themselves. There have been no credibly or conclusive studies declaring that artificial sweeteners cause cancer... otherwise they'd be taken from the shelves, or be forced to display warnings.

Soft drinks may assist in getting Osteoporosis, but hey, unlikely and being overweight poses more health risks.

"Colas, but not other carbonated beverages, are associated with low bone mineral density in older women: The Framingham Osteoporosis Study". Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 84 (4): 936–42. PMID 17023723.
Juddy

Postby milkyway » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:07 pm

I slacken off all the time :oops: not just weekends :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Bel Diamante » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:12 pm

I tend to let loose on the weekends too. Its the only time i get to spend with my family, so i like to relax and enjoy and not worry about how many carbs this has, or how many grams of fat that has. I am careful though, don't get me wrong. Its not like i go on a huge binge fest every weekend. I just like to relax the diet whilst on weekends, e.g. if the family has icecream, i'll have a little bit too.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

scales dilemma

Postby sunshine » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Hope you all had a great weekend. My question is about scales and weighing yourself. I have digital scales at home, bought from Kmart that only read in .5 of a kg so measures 70, 69.5, 69, 68.5 The scales at the gym are very fancy and expensive! and read in .1 .2 .3 etc. When I weighed myself at home today, from last Wed I had lost 2.5 kilos from 70 to 67.5 :D and I was thrilled, but the scales at the gym show me down from 69.2 to 68.4, a loss of .8 in 5 days, which sounds more correct.

I was just hoping to lose a bit more but it is better to lose slowly, I know that but would you guys suggest me putting my scales away at home and just using the gym ones? I have been working really hard all week. Is that a good weight loss for 5 days? Cheers to you all.
sunshine

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:26 pm

You should aim for 500-1kg per week, and realistically you will have weeks when you don't lose, or you lose less, so you will probably average 1-2kg per month. That's the recommended rate of weight loss to improve the chances of you keeping the weight off.

Having said that, it's not all about weight! You should do some measurements as well, because as you gain muscle and lose fat, you may in fact have weeks where you GAIN weight, because muscle weighs more! But it takes up less space, so your measurements will go down. Monthly measurements can be really motivating!

If I were you, I'd weigh in on ONE set of scales.. either gym or at home. Best is fortnightly/monthly, but I know most people have to do it weekly (I'm trying to wean down to fortnightly myself). Also do measurements monthly to check your progress. Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 pm

I slack on the exercise front but not the diet front. You weren't naughty when you ate the vegemite roll and coke zero! Good on you for choosing something good for you!
chubbywife79

Postby Chelle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:35 am

Go with the scales at home just stick to one or you will send yourself crazy.
Chelle

Postby Post baby fat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm

Hey sunshine,

Wish my slack days were as good yours! :roll:
Post baby fat

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk