It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

just a bit about you

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

just a bit about you

Postby sunshine » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:30 pm

I have been checking out your tickers at the bottom of the posts and wanted to know a bit more about you all, I wonder how long it has taken you to get to where you are now. Also, on average what you lose a week? Thanks for sharing :) :)
sunshine

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi Sunshine !

I'll start the ball rolling I guess ! I've only been on my program for just on a week now and have already lost 2.3kgs.

I am on the optifast program, which is three meal replacements per day, with 2 cups of vegies and plenty of water. I am under medical supervision to ensure that my body is coping with the meal replacements.

How are you going ? What program are you on ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi there!

After losing about 30kg (140-110kg) a couple of years ago, I've basically maintained and then put on a bit of weight this year due to having a boyfriend and skipping the gym to eat extravagant meals with him!

Now I'm doing the weight loss thing again (and the boyfriend is on board too!), I've been at it for about a month.

I go to the gym, and I count calories using CalorieKing. I don't really deprive myself of anything, just everything in moderation and try to make healthy choices. I do a "star challenge" (see pledges section) to try and drink 2L of water a day, do 30 minutes exercise, and eat healthily, and I'm doing okay! :)
Mandie

Postby sunshine » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Good for you!!! Thats an excellent first week. I am on the "my hubby bought me a gym membership so I gotta go" programme :D

But seriously, I am just starting out at the gym doing weights, and the treadmill, lots of walking and sensible eating. I have had 3 kids really close together, and haven't let my body get back to normal. I also have had 2 miscarriages since July, so that put me WAY back. So I am trying to do it myself, I will see how things go. Best wishes to you.
sunshine

Postby sunshine » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Mandie, yes those other halves have a lot to answer for don't they!!! I have just ordered a calorieking book so am hoping I can follow it quite easily. I suppose really just to check out what I am eating and what is in the foods, kj wise.
sunshine

Postby Carly » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:24 am

I started transforming my eating habits last year, just before Christmas. While that is not the best time to start a diet it was really positive for me. I discovered I could be around people surrounded by lots of not so healthy foods and while I avoided the not so good stuff, I ate like a Champion and had a great time.

In January I started knuckling down and focused my energy on actually losing weight as opposed to just wanting to be a bit healthier. Since then I have lost almost 42 kilos.

I have stalled in the last month, no gain, but no significant loss, 100g here or there but the truth of the matter is, I have not been trying. I have maintained my healthy eating, drinking lots of water, but have not been exercising like I should be. I am sure the inspiration will find me again soon enough. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl9ppYR/]
[/url]
Carly

Postby lng86 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:24 am

Hi!

I started my journey soon after my 21st birthday of this year (February). I've been on my weight loss journey for 40 weeks... And in that time I've lost a total of 30kg. This averages to 750g per week.

However - I started by just introducing exercise into my life. In the last five months I have transformed everything - so have lost the bulk of my weight (about 20kg).

I'm pleased to know that it averages to 750 grams a week though!!!

70 is my goal weight at the moment because I am unsure of what I will look like as I am doing weight (and muscle weighs 3x the amount of fat). However, I will reassess and possibly readjust that goal when I get there! I'd be thrilled at 65!

My goal is for April 2008 - I have my cousin's wedding and am wanting to look and feel stunning. I'm going to buy a Wayne Cooper dress... get my hair done... make up done.... fake tan... Oh -I'm so excited!!!

I'll get to my goal by April '08 - even if it kills me!!!

Thank you for starting this topic!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby electrongirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 am

I've been on WW on and off for about 7 years! Pretty sad huh.

In those 7 years aI have lost and gained the same 20 odd kilos.

At the moment I have put weightloss on the back burner as we are very tight financially as I have just started a new job that only pays monthly.

But after Xmas I'll be back on the weightloss wagon again.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:43 am

Hello, Ive always been a bit of a yo-yoer, this time around i started at 87kgs in june this year after gaining weight (7kgs) on a touring holiday. So its taken me 5 months to lose 16 odd kgs. Ok so some people do it alot faster, but im a plodding along, i figure ive been overweight for so long (my whole adult life) what does it matter if it takes abit longer, as long as i get there. I probably lose about 500g a week on average.

Good luck with your journey XX
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:03 am

Took me 1 year to lose 35kg at a rate of about 1kg per week expected loss (though it varied). I've now been at my current weight for about a year, looking to break the plateau and get to my goal 4kg away
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Litada » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:12 am

Hi i can sympatise with you Electron Girl as i too have done W.W for over 15 years and have had major losses and major gains and now find myself 5 weeks after the birth of my second child weighing in at 120kg.

However, I'm so use to W.W that i need a change so im doing week about on Kate Morgan as a few freinds of mine have had great success and are now on W.W for maintenance.

Stick with it girl, as even if you eat healthy 90% of the time its still better than not at all!
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLwOz39/]
[/url]
Litada

Postby Sas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 am

I have been back on the diet band wagon for around 6 weeks now (although I'm only calling it 5 weeks cause Melbourne cup week was a total write off for me diet wise :().

I initially lost 3kg's in the first week (probs mostly fluid loss) and have bounced up and down over the last few weeks cause I have been naughty on weekends :oops:

Normally I can loose around .5kg a week
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby matchbox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:08 pm

hi! i've lost about 20kg (wooo! lol) and it's taken me a year. BUT, in saying that, i stopped for months at a time here and there, when i'd just had enough, or had an off couple of weeks and then got back on the wagon. i also went on a beautiful month long holiday so the ddiet completely went out of the window and i didn't care lol - i put on 2kg (lots of walking while we were there!) but lost it in the first few days i was back - just eating normally again seemed to do it.

i'm just trying to eat healthier, a lot less junk food, and in the past few months i've joined the gym (haven't been going for all those months, just sometimes :oops: oops lol) also lots of incidental exercise like parking the car further away at the shops, taking the stairs not the elevator, more shopping (hey it counts as walking! :wink: :P)

i haven't been losing much the past 6 weeks or so cos i haven't been trying as hard as i can, but normally i can lose up to about 500g per week.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:10 pm

I been on this journey for over a year now and so far I have only lost a 2 kgs. I doing weight watchers and eating more and exercise 5x week by walking my dog.
chubbywife79

Postby Litada » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:56 pm

hi there CHUBBY WIFE 79

Have you seen your GP about this as i too had the same problem about 3 years ago and found out after blood test that my thyroid was majorly under active......

If you are sticking to your plans and exercising properly really unless its medical you shouldnt have a problem losing weight.
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLwOz39/]
[/url]
Litada

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk