It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

I"M GOING TO BE FAT FOREVER!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I"M GOING TO BE FAT FOREVER!

Postby Post baby fat » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I think I am ment to be fat forever!
Despite my going to the gym 3-4 days a week for the last month and keeping a food diary and counting kilajoules I have not lost any weight. Yep that's right, no weight at all!

Right now its that time of the month and I have never felt worse in my life (that's a bit dramatic I know).

I'm so depressed I could eat a cow! I've been looking on the site today for the past hr and a half just reading all the differant posts and it seems as though I'm doing what everyone else is doing with one big differace.... You guys are all loosing weight but I'm not!!!

Oh what do I do.... I'm so depressed.

Can someone please try and make meel better by saying that my body's just getting ued to my new life style and before I know it the weight is going to just drop of me... ????

WOW is me... I'm so sad :cry:
Post baby fat

Postby milkyway » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:07 pm

How frustrating!

But know this -- your body is loving you for all the healthy decisions you're making and the exercise and healthy food :)

If it's TTOTM then you may be experiencing a bit of bloating, so it's not unusal to appear heavier at this time, but that's just water weight which should disappear in the next week or so.

Maybe post up your food diary so people in the calorie know can take a look. What sort of calories per day are you having?

Chin up - you are getting healthier every day you stick with this plan :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Juddy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 pm

Don't eat that cow! Protein is good though :)

What kind of diet are you on and what are you doing at the gym?

Have you had a session with a personal trainer to put you on a program?

I've been going to the gym for years, and it wasn't until recently that I got a trainer to put me on a program... I saw improvements in a few weeks that I hadn't seen in about a year!
Juddy

Postby Chelle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am

Dont be depressed, you might not realise but it might not show on the scales but look at measurment's that is the best tool to see what you have achieved.
Look at your food prtion's aswell, you might be doing all the hard work & eating right but look at how much you are eating in one go.
Weight loss isn't easy it's hard but it will happen. Drink plenty of water as well & soon you will notice improvements hang in there.
Chelle

Postby help6363 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:22 am

BIG HUGS!!!!

Know how you feel......I was counting calories and going to the gym and I did not lose any weight for the first five weeks.......it was the LONGEST 5 weeks of my life!!!

Hang in there........you will get there!!! :D

Maybe you could measure yourself with a tape measure as well as the scales.......if the scales don't move at least the inches will go down!

How any calories are you on per day?

What type of exercises are you doing at the gym?
help6363

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:37 am

How frustrating that must be! Sometimes it does take a while for things to start happening though. I know for me, there's at least a month's lag time between action and result, whether good or bad! Don't give up though, things will start happening very soon I am sure of it!
SarahC

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:56 am

That be fustrating, what your doing so far is great for your body. Just don't give up and it will start showing!
chubbywife79

Postby summergirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Don't give up, It will happen hopefully sooner rather than later......

You may need to check with your doctor it could be that insulin thingy that makes it hard to lose weight........ (see you can tell I am not a doctor I don't even know the proper name.
Regards Pam

I wish it was summer all year round

summergirl

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm

I agree with Chelle, check your measurements and see if you have lost any cm's off your body.

I know it can be frustrating, just keep the faith and all the hard work and it will pay off !

You can do it !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:41 pm

We've all had crappy days, hun :( :( Everyone's right, your body is loving you right now for making the right food choices and for exercising. It's only a matter of time before it starts showing on the scales.
You're probably building muscle from going to the gym as well, so keep that in mind. There's a period of muscle building before it starts kicking your metabolism into a higher gear and burning more kilojoules while at rest.

What's a typical day's eating for you?? You may be missing something, like lacking in veges, not eating enough dairy etc etc. :)

Em xox
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi hun we all have crappy days :( I dont have anything to add, cos everyone else has got it spot on! All I have to say is
Image from me :) xxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:50 pm

all i can say is DONT GIVE UP!! im sure your body will catch up soon. and it is healthier for you to be going to the gym and eating healthy, than continuing to be unhelathy. hope all your hard work starts to show soon. :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Please don't give up, its actually scary getting on the scales and worrying about not losing anything after working so hard. But like some one said, the measurement thing is really important, maybe you have lost some in that area. Keep on moving forward and the support here, as I have found will get you through. Hugs to you.
sunshine

Postby Post baby fat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:27 am

Hi again guys and girls,

Thank you all very much for your motivation, advice and hugs. Its really appreciated.

When i stared my lifestyle change I took my measurements but I think I'll wait till next week before I measure again because having my montly's and being bloated my cause my stomach to measure even more and I'm sure to get even more depressed.

As for my kilajoule/calorie intake ( I count Kilajoules as I find on most foods the kilajoule content is displayed). I'm on 10069 Kilajoules a day but that's alot less then what I'm eating. (FYI, I'm 75kg, 165 cm and Mod active).

Here's a standerd days eating for me:

Breakfast - 50grms Granola wholegrain ceral with 1 cup full cream milk.

Morning Tea - Green apple

Lunch - Wholemeal bread (no butter) with tuna and peices on the side of carrot, cucumber, red and green capscian.
Tub of yougert.

Afternoon tea - Nut bar. Ie with almonds and other nuts.

Chicken Stiry fry and white rice.

Breakfast and snacks are always the same. This way I know what I am going to eat.

Lunch varies between tuna and ham becuase of the days that I am going to have fish for dinner.

Dinner in usually a stirfry, or grilled fish or meat or chicken. There is ALWAYS steamed vegies and usually inculdes mashed potatoe and a packet flavered rice or pasta. (I have a hubbie and 1 year old to cater for aswel).

Take away is ONCE a week to avoid binging later on. Takeway is normally a standerd KABAB. meat lettuce tomatoe onion so I dont really feel that is too bad.

PLease let me know if I can change anything that I eat as I REALLY NEED HELP.

sorry I'm a bad speller.
Just noticed the time, I'm late!
Thanks for the help
Post baby fat

Postby Chelle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am

Your deffinately eating right, just dont give up

If you are still woried that you cant loose any weight, You could always go to a doctor & get some blood test done or go to a nutrapath.
Chelle

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk