It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

dinner dilemma involving pizza

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

dinner dilemma involving pizza

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:40 pm

So I am taking the kids shopping this afternoon to get xmas paper etc etc and since hubby is on night shift, the kids want pizza for dinner, because we will be home late. So my dilemma is do I also have some dominos ham and pineapple pizza on thin base, which I love? I hate feeling guilty for what I eat, but could I have 3 slices he he without going straight to hell? I haven't had pizza literally for months but just looked up how many kj pizza has and whoooaaa :shock:

Any quick advice will be appreciated!
sunshine

Postby matchbox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:12 pm

could you make pizza? it's pretty quick is you get some mountain bread or like pita bread for wraps, and then put your own toppings on? it wouldn't take very long to cook either, maybe 10 mins or os? they can have fun putting what they want on their pizzas, and can help you make them :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:18 pm

After christmas shopping I think pizza is required! Maybe just have a couple of pieces with a salad on the side? And, make sure any leftovers are thrown away too! Better to have just a little so that you don't feel deprived and end up binging later....
SarahC

Postby milkyway » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I like Lexi's suggestion but if you are going to have pizza, drain it on a paper towel to soak up excess oil before eating it.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:05 pm

I agree with Lexi idea try to limit the amount you have and throw the rest away!
chubbywife79

Postby shelbel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:15 pm

I think thin crust vegie pizza is the least calorie horrific, but its not good either! If you cant make it, then definatly what Sarah said maybe 2 pieces and a big salad! Why oh why cant the yummy stuff be the low calorie stuff! Its just not fair! :cry:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:29 pm

I always get thin vegorama with 1/2 the amount of cheese as normal.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Juddy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Whatever you do don't feel guilty either way, because guilt leads to depression and depression leads to chocolate and chocolate leads to the dark side.

(sorry I am watching star wars)

In all seriousness. I lashed out the other night and had a couple of slices of pizza, mainly because my mates needed someone to chip in with them so I lent them money, then I figured "hey, I helped pay for the pizza... it'd be wrong NOT to eat it"

But then again, after eating the pizza I felt bad about eating it.

So I really don't know what advice to give except either have as healthy a pizza as possible, or just let the kids have it and you eat a salad while turned away from the pizza.

Gourmet is the best, also. You can get some pretty healthy(ish) gourmet pizzas. But there's a monetary price to pay along with them.
Juddy

Postby Sas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:46 pm

I'm with Lexie. When DH and I feel like pizza I make them on a pitta wrap thing. So yummy and healthy and you can put whatever you want on them :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:53 pm

I would say go buy the pizza!

A slice of thin and crispy from Pizza Hut is around 650kj, so you could easily have 2 or 3 pieces without feeling guilty.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:09 pm

Thanks everyone. OHHHH I am so pleased with myself. Before we left, I cut up some mixed veg - brocoli, snow peas, zuchini and carrots and put them in the fridge. When we got home at 7pm (too late to cook for 3 starving kids!), I threw the kids in the bath, threw the veg in the wok, with a little sweet chilli sauce, cumin and corriander, and by 7.15pm we were eating. And I had 2 really little pieces of ham and p'apple pizza, with my yummy stir fryed veg. And I am really full and not feeling stodgy like I would if I had eaten the whole pizza (which I have been known to do!)

So I have proven to myself that I can do it, and I am so satisfied and not hungry. And actually I sort of enjoyed the veg more than the pizza :shock: Now where did THAT come from? Cheers everyone.
sunshine

Postby Chelle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 am

Well done I think you made the right choice you had somthing really healthy on the side & you had 2 small pieces of pizza.

But do you have to talk about pizza I had craving all week for domino's & it wont go away. Now I want it even more lol
Chelle

Postby Sas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 am

great choice! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am

well done, the vegies sound yummo! :D
Mandie

Postby matchbox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 pm

nice work :D and good choice :wink:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox