It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 am

Free Newsletter

Just sharing....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Just sharing....

Postby Sussy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:38 pm

HI everyone, just wanted to share and have a whine. So far i've lost 7 kilos, i thought that was great....anyway onto the point of why i'm writing. On Sunday we went to an engagement party. I was really looking forward to it and even bought a new top that i thought looked really nice. Well, we went and no one even seemed to notice my weightloss, well no body said anything, and i was among these stick thing girls (including a bikini model, and a sportswear model...yes seriously) so by the time we left i felt like a big fat cow and spent most of the afternoon sitting on a chair too embarassed to get up and walk around among the waifs. :oops: Later i asked my husband if he'd noticed my weightloss and he said 'yeah, i guess' (how convincing) and then went on to say 'because i live with you and see you all the time i don't notice it'. GREAT!! So why am i bothering???? What motivation. :cry: Thanks for listening.

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:52 pm

7 kilos is great!! I think most people do notice, but they don't say anything because saying that you've lost weight is like saying that they noticed that you had weight before... if that makes sense.

As long as you feel good in yourself, don't worry about anyone else! You are losing weight for YOU, not for your husband or any of your friends :D

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 pm

:(Yeah Mum lost 20 kg back when she was 40, bought some nice new jeans in a size 10 feeling great, and dad said yeah.. got a bit of a way to go though.

I think some people dont really understand the hardship it is to be overweight, and then how much it means to a person to do something about it. To them its almost like it's no big deal because you're meant to be slim anyways.

I don't get it, what is it with some people??

Don't let this deter you from your weight loss journey, 7 kg is fantastic and you're only going to look better as you lose more weight - for your sake. Ultimately you only have to please you :)

Postby Post baby fat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Sussy,

Here's a big hug darl.

You're bothering because your worth it and it makes you feel good. Just think, you could have gone to that party weighing 81 kgs but you didn't, you went weighing 74 so thats gott to make you feel good at least :wink:

Try not to be too hard on your hubbie cos it is normal for him not to notice because he's always with you ( a little exaggeratetion never hurt anybody though).

Maybe people noticed but just never said thing. Sometimes its hard to complete people who have lost weight because some people actually really take offense to it. ( I have no idea why).

Chin up darl and I bet at the next gathering (ie xmas) you'll be knocking everyone's sock off.

Here's another hug!
Post baby fat

Postby Sussy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks guys, you're right in that i think sometimes people don't actually realise what they're saying and those models were probably way too absorbed in themselves to notice anyone else anyway. :wink: hehe.
Also re: Post Baby Fat, what you said hit home coz i know if i'd gone weighing 81kg i would've felt extra awkward and uncomfortable. It's just kinda disappointing that you're putting in all this hard work and effort and no one notices....just kinda made me think why am i bothering? For me, for me, for me, i know my achievement anyway. (and so do all you) :D

Postby Juddy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Sometimes people don't know how to respond. I'm sure heaps of people noticed, but weren't sure what to say.

I left school only a couple of years ago, I went back recently with my sister so she could give teachers gifts etc (she just finished year 12).

Anyway, there were teachers I had for a couple of years, who knew me very well in 2005. I walked in, and they had no idea who I was until I introduced myself.

Some I walked by and was like "Hey how you're going Mr X?" and they were like "Hey mate..." kept on walking, obviously no idea who I was. Even the guy at the RTA made a joke about me looking completely different when I got my full license recently...

Others, though, who do recognise me or know who I am, often don't say anything, despite knowing that I've lost weight.

I don't really care anymore. Although it is a huge boost when people make compliments.

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:11 am

Like Juddy said, People may have noticed that you have lost weight, however they may want to be polite and not say anything as weight is such a sensitive topic for anyone, especially women !

For what it's worth, although I have a supportive hubby, he cant tell when I've lost or gained weight, basically for the same reason. However my mum can and I only see her once a week !

Big hugs to you hun, don't let this stifle your progress, you're doing great :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:19 am

Like everyone else said - they probably noticed but didn't wanna say! And hubby is just a little insensitive.. but a lot of men don't really "get" weight issues :P My dad is like that...

The fact is, you need to sit down and figure out WHY you are doing this. Is it just so that people will notice? I mean, sure, that's great.. but you are HEALTHIER and FITTER than you were 7kg ago... that's fantastic in itself! And you feel more confident.. and that will only improve! And when you are around normal people (not models!) you will feel great :)

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 am

I agree with what Mandie just wrote - you are fitter and healthier than you were 7 kilos ago and that's the most important thing.

I also reckon there's a 'tipping point' with weight loss. You can lose several kilos and nobody notices (just like when you put on) but then there's this magical kilo that suddenly makes all the difference. So I don't know for you if it's 1 kilo or 4 kilos away, but there will come a time when everyone goes 'wow!' and suddenly notice :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am

I know just how u feel. I have lost 7kgs myself and no one has commented about the loss yet either :( and when i ask my husband he just says 'yeah i think so' :(

i am fitting into smaller clothes and stuff but still ha ha

I spose there are points when people notice, maybe in a few more kgs they will :s if i get to lose a few more ha ha

so don't stress :) at least u know ur losing weight :) and yeah

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby JP1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:40 pm

well done for what you have lost so far and don't lose heart, after all your doing this for mainly you and thats what counts :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul

Postby donnadeadly » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:47 pm

At the 5 to 8 kg loss I was thinking the same thing and the only thing that kept me going is "I know I have lost weight, I cant see it but I know that that is what is best and good for me." And then bang I hit the 9 -10 and went WOW" - Value these moments not only for the appearance but in you ability to get past bad thoughts and win the battle that you are fighting for yourself.... life is much better and longer with every kilo you take off to your healthy weight is obtained.

And there will be a time when you can get they positive talk in your head that is a far better feeling - twirling in front of the mirror in a new slimmer outfit and feeling like as happy and carefree as a the beautiful confident person you are....

I am celebrating myself today as this morning I looked in the mirror and said good I feel/look fat.... then I laughed at myself and said OH!!! you are having one of those bad fat thoughts again. And the most amazing feeling was the freedom I felt that I had gained from being controlled by those bad thoughts... they don't own me i own myself and through this experience I can now use this as ammunition when I am having a really bad fat thought day, and say hay... I liked me, I love me and I am going to respect myself and shut that voice up and use the one that made me feel great..

So except the challenge of getting past these little hickups so that you can be rewarded simply and dramaticly by the exhilaration of YOUR accomplishments. The praise will come, even if it is in someone's head and not out in the open. Next time you go to the party smile and be radiant and think of the moment in the future when you are in front of the mirror and remember what you have already done to accomplish this. WOW I have lost 7 kg's people... and it may be that they see how happy you look and say Hey you sure a looking good!!!
On the road to losing weight for the second time, hoping for 20kg off for Christmas and to make it a life change this time.

Return to Weight loss Talk