It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:21 am

Free Newsletter

Biggest Loser - Series 1

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi Trinity, I just rewatched the biggest loser (I had it recorded on my home theatre, I figure watching these shows twice will help me all the more) Kristie miscarried her premature baby.
She said: "I've just had 3 babies in 3 years and I'm happy I really am. We've got a really close family and I've got 5 beautiful children
but um.................
In January I lost one of my little girls & I know she was premature and its all okay but I just wasn't expecting it. It just caught me out of the blue.
My husband and I are really close so it wasn't a matter of doing it on my own, it was just a hard thing and lifes full of hard stuff."

Angel those are three very good questions you ask there.

1. I have to eat 1200 (absolute minimum calories allowed to remain healthy for my 67cm height according to eDiets.com)
but other calculators say I should eat more even when I do sedentary exercises
- http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... ulator.htm
2. 1990 is how many calories I burn a day without exercise.
To work out how many calories you burn without exercise, fill in the calculator site listing Sleeping for 24 hours - http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/calories.shtml
3. If burning 3500 calories makes you lose 1 pound of weight then burning 7700 calories will make you lose 1 kilogram of weight.
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:14 pm

Luv it .Addicted to it . I think what is said is so real and from my perspective so close to my personal feelings
I agree u have to love yourself to change yourself
<------------------ working on that part
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby LadyBug » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:27 pm

I'm loving this show too.
I dont like Tracy too much, not sure why lol.

I have learnt so much from it already.. i even went out and bought a calerie counter book today, very handy :)
xoxo ~Ali

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
LadyBug

Postby Dolly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:42 pm

I think you're probably picking up that Tracy and Cat have been a little negatively outspoken (it could just be their nerves though)
I'm glad Wal apologised to his team mates about discussing who to vote off and I still like Kristie a lot too.
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:43 am

HI All

I thought it was a bit dissapointing last night the wy the teams seem to be against each other.I know it is a "game" so to speak but the nature of the game suggests to me that there should be a bit more support and solidarity going on.

Who said the aussie version would be boring? Its going to be every bit as entertaining as the yankee version only more so because unlike Americans aussies are not predictable.

Natalie :)
natalie

Postby Angel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:52 pm

Dolly, Thanks heaps for the links,

I was able to find out how many calories I burn a day but the Daily Energy Needs calculator came up with 0 and NaN - I said I was lightly active. I had tried it a while ago and got the same result.

Do you think I am doing something wrong? I just filled in the info it asked for . . . would someone else mind trying it for me to see if its working.

Thanks heaps,
Angel
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi Angel when the tracker comes up with a 0 and a NaN it just means that you didn't answer one of the questions, did you click on the button to whether you were a male or a female?
Dolly

Postby linda » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:02 pm

i'm with you dolly rewatching it is a great idea whenever you need that extra bit of motivation, I'm putting it on dvd so i can rewatch it too.
linda

Postby Dolly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Oh wow, I just finished watching tonights show.
Poor Ruthie thinking she might've been pregnant (I hope the pregnancy test they did wasn't giving a false negative as sometimes happens when they test too early) and then they all had that frightening race to the top of the Sydney harbour bridge :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bridge Climb
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:40 pm

but wasnt the footage spectacular!

Postby Dolly » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:46 pm

It sure was.
If the side railings weren't see through, I'd probably tackle a climb like that.
Also, if TV cameras were on me, I'd probably be a bit braver too.
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Trinity » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:34 pm

I missed tonights episode - the weigh in but I heard one of the boys lost 15 kilo's?? In what time frame, surely not in 1 week? :shock: Sorry if this is a stupid question lol
Trinity

Postby emma21 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Yeah, Wal lost just over 15kg I think and I am presuming it was in a 1 week time frame.

From Thursday's Episode - Boo to Artie (I think it was). While the Blue Team was up enjoying their Brunch looking down on the Red Team working hard in the pool, Artie made some comment about a beached whale in the pool and then said 'oh no, thats just so and so'. I thought how bloody rude!! I know its a game, but for someone to make comments like that doesnt help. Artie isnt perfect, if he was he wouldnt be on The Biggest Loser would he? Being overweight/obese himself he should have realised how comments like that affect people when they are losing weight. (yes i know - the person it was aimed at didnt hear it, but it was still rude!)

Okay, I will get off my soap box now.

Emma :)

P.S. I am so regretting not even applying to be a contestant!!!!
emma21

Postby Trinity » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:21 pm

I saw that as well, I couldnt believe he said that, I REALLY dont like him!
Wow 15 kilo's in 1 week! Isnt that dangerous? If I could do that Id be at my goal weight in a month instead of a year :shock:
Trinity

Postby natalie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:47 am

Hello Everyone

Well last night was the big weigh in and I cant believe the results!
I almost fell off my chair when that guy(oh whts his name???) anyway he lost 15 kilos!!!!!!!!

I cant imagine how anyone can loose that amount of weight in 1 week.He has set a world record for the show as nobody has ever lost that amount of weight in 1 week.

It wasant only him though...They all did so well didint they? Those trainers must work them so hard.In real life its not possible to find the time to workout like that but it just goes to show what hard work can do dosent it?

I always push myself till I hurty when I am on my treadmill as I believe I will bennifit from it.I am finding this show to be so motivating and its inspired me to work even harder.I actually workout while I am watching the show :lol:

Natalie.

PS: I had a loss of 600 this week. :D

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk