It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Biggest Loser - Series 1

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Angel » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:58 am

Trinity wrote:I saw that as well, I couldnt believe he said that, I REALLY dont like him!
Wow 15 kilo's in 1 week! Isnt that dangerous? If I could do that Id be at my goal weight in a month instead of a year :shock:

I have wondered this as well. I think the whole game goes for 10 weeks, a lot of the contestants want to lose big kilos - Dave wants to get down to 100, Cat or Ruth was talking about 90 - we're talking 50 - 90 kilos loss in a 10 weeks. I think you can shed kilos quicker the larger you are but surely their target weights will be hard to maintain because of the speed it has come off?????

It was fantastic to see everyone lost, and some lost such big amounts. Can you imagine losing 10 kilos in a week, I'd be at goal after 2 weeks! 8)

Whether the weight is maintainable or not, I'm really enjoying the show and finding it great motivation.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Trinity » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:25 am

I was always told that the slower it comes off - say 1 to 2 kilo's a week, the better it is for you & easier to keep it off, I still cant belive it, 15 kilo's in 1 week! 2 week's & id be at my goal! They do work hard at it though, I know id have trouble keeping up with them :lol:
Trinity

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:54 pm

there losses were huge but then it hit me they were weighed after there major pig out so the scales would definately show up that and as they have been on there cal restrictions diet it would look even bigger ... just as therory
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

some more info

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Some more info for us all

Catherine “Catâ€￾ White

A 27-year old "larger than life" woman who desires to lose weight so she will look good when she marries her long-time sweetheart. She blames her obesity on her occupation as a chef in the early part of her working life. This Melbourne-native hopes "The Biggest Loser" will help her change her life forever.

Fiona Falkiner
A 22-year old knockout has amazingly NEVER had a boyfriend (are the men in Australia CRAZY?!?!) because they all thought she was too fat. This Melbourne beauty is gonna make all those men who turned her down cry themselves to sleep when she sheds the weight on "The Biggest Loser." Hopefully, Fiona will find the true love she so deeply desires after this experience

Kristie Dignam
This 32-year old mother of five from Perth is the epitome of a working mom -- she works TWO jobs (plus the HUGE third job of raising all those kids!) and stays busy juggling it all. Her dream is to lose weight in time for her husband's 20th class reunion in a few months and she wants to look good for him. She has turned to food for comfort, but wants to change that.

Ruth Almeida de Campos

A 28-year old woman with three very young kids who is deperate to lose weight. This Newcastle mother and wife of five years has had a stressful relationship being apart from her husband throughout their short-lived marriage. As a result, Ruth has turned to eating to help her manage the stress. She's a funny lady which makes her attractive no matter how much she weighs.

Tracy Moores
A 44-year old Sydney woman who has had a lot of competition for beauty within her own family -- they're all MODELS! As a "plus-size model" for many years, Tracy knows it is time to take control of her weight and health. She enjoys life with her husband and three kids and realizes she's "not getting younger." She hopes to walk the catwalk again -- as a regular model!

Jo Cowling
Jo is a 33-year old, in-your-face real estate agent residing in Sydney. She's been big her entire life and has done the rollercoaster ride of dieting like so many of us have. She has excused her lack of exercise because of time constraints with her job, but that's all about to change with "The Biggest Loser" experience that awaits her. She wants to do this for her health.

David Hilyander

In a striking resemblance to Matt Hoover, "The Biggest Loser" winner from Season Two in the U.S., David is a 33-year old beer guzzling party animal from Sydney who enjoys being involved with rugby. But his weight has prevented him from playing a more active role and has been derogatorily compared with hefty actor John Candy. These insults and his ever-increasing waist size have led him to become depressed despite having a positive outlook on life

Big Wal (Vladimir Milberg)
Hailing from Townsville, this burly 42-year old father of two is a fireman who has been given an ultimatum -- lose weight or lose your job! His slow reaction time when the fire alarm sounds has his superiors concerned he's not fit enough for the job anymore. Big Wal eats a whopping EIGHT meals a day and believes he'll EASILY lose weight on "The Biggest Loser." We'll see.

Harry Kantzidis
A Melbourne father of two whose emotions got the best of him at "The Biggest Loser" audition. The 35-year old said his son was so embarrassed to be around him that he has to drop the 7-year old off a couple of blocks from his school so nobody would see him. A former athlete and bodybuilder, Harry eats because it makes him happy. He will now learn that he can eat HEALTHY and be happy, too!

Shane Giles
Shane is 38 years old man from Ballarat who says his weight problem makes him gunshy about approaching any woman he finds attractive. Ever since a tragic accident killing his brother rattled him a decade ago, he has turned to food to help him cope. This former AFL football player-turned-musician would like to get back down to his playing weight again.

Adro (Adriano Sarnelli
The "bald guy" of the show who goes by the name of Adro, he wants to lose weight to be a daddy for a long time for his precious little girl. This 26-year old Newcastle man grew up in a large family both in numbers and in weight thanks to the hearty Italian meals they ate every night. Plus, his mother wouldn't let him play sports because she was afraid he would get hurt.

Artie Rocke
Last but not least, there's Artie -- a 42-year old Hervey Bay single gay man who hopes to attract the man of his dreams with his weight loss on "The Biggest Loser." As someone who is "eating constantly," he has always loved food and is an avid cook. A recent negative incident riding a bicycle convinced him that losing weight is something he needs to do.

Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:35 am

Still loving the show.
Poor Big Wal, its so lucky the red team won that footy game (and that Wal helped by throwing it) He found out that the Blue team were going to vote him off next so that is why he's annoyed with the blue team and is now best mates with the red team.

I recorded last nights show so I'll have to watch it at lunch time.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:17 pm

I'm keen to see who the Blue team will vote off.
It's so inspiring to watch everyone lose weight so quickly.
It's really amazing to see how shedding your fat coat can make you look so different
Dolly

Postby Angel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:44 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they vote off Fiona, but I think Artie, Tracey and Fiona have an alliance so with Harry having immunity perhaps they might vote Cat out. That would be a silly move, because the lighter women will eventually plateau and need to rejig things to lose that extra whereas Cat having quite a bit to shed will lose weight consistently and for longer and therefore help with their figures at weigh in.

I am really enjoying watching it, Big Wal is a very good game player, did you hear Bob the other night say that Big Wal plays a lot of games (i.e. more than we realise), and that he's playing it very smart. I can't wait to see how long he's allowed to continue playing games.

Glad to see Red Team finally won a weigh in, Blue Team was way too cocky.
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:15 pm

Angel you were right, there was an alliance. I can't believe they voted Cat off, she had so much weight to lose still, I was sure Fiona would have gone before Cat.

In an ideal world they should have secret ballots to vote people off so they don't have to live with emotional tension, knowing the person they exercise with voted against them.
But in an even better ideal world nobody should be voted off. I would love to see all of them from start to finish lose weight and the one that loses the most wins the money and gym equipment.

Kristie and Adro are my favorites although Harry is showing he has a good heart too.
Dolly

Biggest Loser

Postby tabby » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:49 am

Hi all,
Love the show and I can't believe that they voted Cat of either. Where does that leave Harry for next time? I can't believe how clicky the blue team has become.

Cat looked great when they showed you the 6 weeks later. You can really see that she has lost the weight around her face. She lost nearly 27kilos. (I think). Fantastic.

Tabbycat. :wink:
tabby

Postby Dolly » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 am

Hi Tabbycat, I love the show too.
So when are you celebrating your birthday? :D

Does anyone know how many weeks pass after the 8 week TV show before they decide on who the biggest loser is?
I'm hoping Cat will lose more and maybe come in to have lost the most.
If the blue team vote someone off next time, I hope it's Tracy not Harry, but now that Artie is injured it might have to be him as he might not be able to do many of the exercises.
Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby tabbycat » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 am

Dolly,

I hope that Tracy goes next too. I think that when they decide who the biggest loser is, they finally 3 contestant have to go home for a while so I am thinking about 6months. Not really sure.

Tabbycat :wink:
[/url]
tabbycat

Postby Dolly » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:19 am

6 months would be great, that gives them enough time to really look good. I suppose I should give myself the same time frame to look good too (I'm so lazy)
Dolly

Postby Angel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Harry will be next to go on the Blue Team unless he can lose the most weight and get immunity. Lets face it, that won't be that hard, especially since Tracy and Artie can't help but succumb to temptation.

I would like to see the show change whereby teams are eliminated except in the case of challenges and then teams are decided by a draw of the hat, this at least would mean that those really wanting to be there could stay and you could get rid of those that only half heartedly want to be there.

I really feel sorry for Harry because he can't do anything about staying if the other 3 have an alliance - are they dumb, have they not thought that even if they get to stay another week after voting Harry off, then they will lose weigh ins from then on and have to vote off one of the 3. Would be smarter to leave Harry in and break the alliance, after all its a game, they should all be in it to win it!

I, too, was rapt at the way Cat looked after just 6 weeks. Out of all those that have left she was the most noticeable in achieving weight loss - she got back her neck and definition in her face! Was suprised to hear that she trains 8 hours a day, fantastic that she doesn't have to return to work just because she got voted out - not sure how that works though . . .
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:18 pm

I guess everyone in the biggest loser must have made an arrangement with their bosses to have 6 months off or something.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:56 pm

HI Girls....It looks like I am not the only one that hopes tracey goes also.She just gives you the irrates dosent she?

Natalie :)

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk