It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating up my time

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating up my time

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:40 pm

This is a bit of a strange question, hopefully it makes sense...

How much of every day would you say was taken up by weight loss. That would include thinking about food, eating, your body, your weight, excercise etc, etc. And actually doing what's required, like food preparation, going to the gym etc.

I think for me it would be at least 80% if not 90. Mostly it's in the thinking about and worrying, although I do spend a lot of time in the kitchen and in they gym...

Doesn't leave much time for much else does it?

What about everyone else?
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Definitely probably about 75-80% too, Sarah!!!! Phewf, I'm not alone!!! Thinking about what kilojoules are in food, what's for my next meal, preparing food, eating it, thinking about if I'm exercising that night and what I'll do...
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Does that include talking about it too!! Because now it seems all i do is answer questions about my weight! How'd you do it, etc, etc!

Im up there with about 70% id guess. I think alot about what clothes i want to buy too when i reach goal! Geez it can really take over your life hey!! :roll:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby rivenriver » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:15 pm

:shock: Don't you guys sleep? Or are we only looking at waking hours?

Personally I would say no more than 30% of waking hours. As a student most of the time I've gotta study, and I'm still not out of that habit (except that I'm watching tv or using the net or otherwise bludging instead of studying). It varies day to day though.
rivenriver

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Yep just waking hours :) (Although I'm sure I still think about it while I'm asleep, which is probably why I always eat when I wake up during the night :roll: )

Studying does take up heaps of your brain, I would have been about the same back then. We should all study :lol:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah, definitely looking forward to Uni next year to occupy my brain with something else!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:48 pm

I would say Ive become obsessed with my weight loss .... everyone at work is talking about it, my family, my husband, i've got challenges happening with friends and my aunt .... so Im always thinking about it :oops:

Ok ok I have no life :lol:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:07 pm

I think I probably spend less time obsessing about food now, but that's because before starting my 'diet' I spent pretty much every waking hour eating! Exercise, however, is definitely eating into my free time. Not necessarily a bad thing since I'm really enjoying it, but it does make it hard when I have lots of projects on.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Eating up my time

Postby help6363 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:43 pm

SarahC wrote:This is a bit of a strange question, hopefully it makes sense...

How much of every day would you say was taken up by weight loss. That would include thinking about food, eating, your body, your weight, excercise etc, etc. And actually doing what's required, like food preparation, going to the gym etc.

I think for me it would be at least 80% if not 90. Mostly it's in the thinking about and worrying, although I do spend a lot of time in the kitchen and in they gym...

Doesn't leave much time for much else does it?

What about everyone else?

It's become a normal to me now.....I must go to the gym, write everything that I eat down. I find I cannot watch as much TV as I did before but I am not missing it that much.

When I first started my whole weight loss journey I noticed how much time it took up, so I know what you mean. :D
help6363

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:13 pm

OMG you are right, at least 90% of my time.... I read about weight loss/diet/healthy eating, I am constantly thinking about saturated fat and kilojoules in things, carbs, vitamins, drinking water, I use weightloss sites/forums, I watch shows about weightloss, diet everyday...its all I talk about too...far out lol I never realised it, but it really has consumed everything I do :shock:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:35 pm

I probably think about food 5% of my day.

And thats thinking "oooh what am I going to have for dinner/lunch/breakfast"

A couple of years ago I think about 50% of my thoughts were negative comments about my body. I probably have 5 negative thoughts a week now which is good.

So yeah I dont think about it much, im too busy at the moment to think
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby yellowroses » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:34 pm

I probably only think about it 20% of the time. I don't lead a busy life or anything like that, but I don't count calories and I've learnt to not think about food too much. I had a major eating disorder for about 4 years and I would only think about food, and would weigh myself about 10 times a day. It was hard and I went through a lot of counselling to get through it, so now I've learnt to not think about it, or obsess about it. I make sure that I have vegetables and fruit in each meal and try not to cook with oil and things like that. I know that if I exercise for at least an hour a day, I'll eat ok, and something like a tim tam here and there won't kill me or put me off my track - it's not even a bump in the road. I can't and will not deny myself anything, just everything in moderation. So I'm only thinking about my weight loss when I'm actually exercising - but even then, I'm thinking about wedding plans or something else!! Lol.
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Return to Weight loss Talk