It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Bubbles » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Has anyone used Xenocal? I have read up on it and I know the basic facts about it. I also know it is absolutey not appropriate for me as I have only a small amount of weight to loose. I was just wondering if anyone else who is in the appropriate category has used it and how you found it. I think from memory that it is appropriate for people with a BMI of 30 or 27+risk factors such as heart disease or diabetes.

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 pm

There's a few threads on this already - search for "Xenical" on the forum :)

In summary: it reduces your ability to absorb fat. if you eat fat while taking xenical, you get offensive smelling, floaty (difficult to flush) diarrhoea. this therefore encourages you to either eat less fat, or stop taking the xenical :P it's not a particularly effective method of long term weight management, and it's not especially useful unless you have a high fat diet - in which case, the gross side effects put you off fat pretty quickly - but once you skip a few tablets, you start eating fat again, and yeah. Frankly, I don't like it and I'm not sure I would recommend it to any patients.

Return to Weight loss Talk