It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:39 am

Free Newsletter

Dr Phil's book

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:28 pm

I found my sugar 'cravings' were actually habit. I'd eat fruit which should have satisfied a true sugar need, but never did. Now that I've been going without the junk for so long I no longer find myself thinking about or craving biscuits and chocolate etc. It may be simalar for you in which case, stick with it, it only gets easier.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Siana-leah » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 am

Thanks for the tips guys.
Im finding that since yesterday i havent been as hungry. When it was time to have lunch i wasnt hungry so it was postponed.
The sugar cravings are going im just having fruit
twice a day to fix it.
I found that if i get hungry and it isnt dinner time a piece of carrot helps me.
Early days yet (day 6) but feeling in control.

Siana :lol:

Postby Rob6014 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:24 am

Sugar cravings are a real [email protected] aren't they! I would eat an apple every time the cravings got really, really bad. At first it was really hard, but after a while I found I was craving an apple! Sugarless jelly also helped save me from myself. Now I don't particularly mind if I don't have a sweet thing after dinner. If I feel the desire, a glass of sugarless soft drink does the trick.

Postby carleyjt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:15 pm

I found when i get a sugar craving a cup of flavoured tea helps me. It helps the 'sugar' part and also the liquid fills you up so you dont feel like snacking. I love pepperment tea but these days there are heaps of different flavours. I dont have milk and i use equal if i feel i need it

Return to Weight loss Talk