It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Free Newsletter

where did I go wrong?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

where did I go wrong?

Postby chengbee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:43 pm

It's been about 3 weeks since I started to eat right and exercise but I haven't lost any weight yet. Where have I gone wrong?

I always start breakfast with water and a fruit. Toast as a mid-morning snack. Then lunch is usually a salad sandwich or a soup, followed with a piece of fruit and then stir-fry for dinner.

I walk to the station to get to work, and also do a 1/2 hour walk in the evening as well.

I can't see where I've gone wrong. At this rate, I don't see myself reaching my goal weight. Please help. :(

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:53 pm

You might want to have something a little more heartier for breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for weightloss as it kicks your metabolism into gear for the day.

depending on whats in the soups and stirfries it could be that you are either not eating enough (sounds silly I know) or your using the wrong ingredients.

Portion sizes are a big factor aswell. When I first started the Weightloss journey many years ago, I didn't realise that I was giving myself the same size helping as my bf at the time was eating and he was twice my size.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby hysterical_oliver » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:40 pm

I found juggling around my main meals helped me to find how my body best burned fuel.

I have a small breakfast maybe some yoghurt and mango or berries and a peice of fruit, I tend to have a large lunch because I work until 9pm or later without a chance to snack throughout, and because I'm finishing so late I eat a light dinner about 4 hours before I go to bed to give me a chance to metabolise it all.

By eating a lot of fruit and veg I haven't felt the need to overload on breads and pastas either.

There is no set pattern on when or what you should be eating, just follow the general rules of lots of fruit and veg. As was already said portion control is very important but you may need to experiment a little to find what's most effective for you 8)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:01 am

I think maybe you need to eat more, especially for breakfast. If you don't eat enough breakfast, your body decides it's got to make do with very little that day, and does it's best not to burn anything. Try some high fibre breakfast cereal with the fruit, like bran or muesli or weetbix (find one you like the taste of).

And yeah, watch portion size. I've eaten very healthy foods most of my life. But healthy foods in large amounts are just as bad as unhealthy foods.

What's in the soups and stirfrys you're eating? Sometimes it can look good, but if you check the kilojoule content you might be surprised. Cream of soups aren't so good, or fatty stirfrys.

Finally, and I hesitate to bring this up, but if you're very tall you might already be at your ideal weight. I can't tell either way, but it's possible that you aren't loosing weight because you don't need to. Unlikely though, else why would you be here? ;)

Don't give up though. Even if you don't see a change, the lifestyle changes will really help your health, especially all that walking! :)

Postby Sas » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 am

How fast are you walking? Perhaps you need to get your heart rate up a bit higher while you are exercising? Maybe throw in some short jogs in you walk i.e. 5min walk 2min run. Maybe do some puch ups and sit ups too to get your heart rate up while you are exercising.

Postby chengbee » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 pm

thank you all for your tips...i'll try to add more to my breakfast.

i boil my own soup with chicken & vege and cook my stirfry with a bit of olive oil & some fish every alternate days.

my walks are slowly turning into jogs, now that I'm a bit used to exercise. I also bought a pair of weights. Hopefully that'll help a bit.

hopefully I'll see some changes in a couple of weeks.

Thank you all for your support.

Postby chengbee » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:32 am

Just an update.....

I've lost 2kg since the last time I posted, at this rate I don't think I'll meet my new year goal. But a loss is still good. I'm now 63kg.

I keep telling myself when I look at myself in the morror...'Very soon I will not be short and fat anymore' :D

Return to Weight loss Talk