It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Why oh why do I do this to myself

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Why oh why do I do this to myself

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Hello all, hope your weekend was great! Well I had another weekend of indulgence in the alcohol stakes, I don't drink during the week and had a great week of exercise and good eating. But when it comes to the weekend, I start by having 2 glasses of wine Friday night and that was supposed to be it. But since it is the festive season :D I wrapped the kids Xmas pressies from Santa Sat night so drank the other 2 glasses of wine. So then on Sunday night finished the wrapping and drank 4 glasses of wine (just sweet white wine, so easy to drink!!)

Its something about the weekend that I need to relax or something and I enjoy some wine, now that the week has started I have no inclination to drink and am back to the good stuff! Anyone else fall down on the weekend - I know I have asked this before, but do you get irritated by your lack of self control (if this happens to you as well)as this is how I feel now. Have a great day
sunshine

Postby mummy2three » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi Sunshine,

You are not alone here. Yes my lack of self control is terrible :( . I really don't know too many people that don't find the weekends really hard, let alone the festive season. I don't drink that often (although I LOVE Baileys), I enjoy baking on the weekends and in turn eating all the baked goods :lol:. Now my kids are used to their baked treats I'm still expected to keep cooking despite being on a diet :x .

Weekends are really tough because it's your wind down and family time. Just remember the worst thing you can do is feel like you've blown it and give up! We've all done that and it's so hard to get going again.

Best wishes Sunshine, don't be too hard on yourself.
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby Sas » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 pm

you are definitely not alone Sunshine... I'm a shocker on weekends :( I always eat crap food and drink too much and don't exercise enough :roll:

I'm trying to just curb how bad I am... like ahev at least 1 good mean each day and try not to snack. I've been getting a little better but still a long way to go.

It is so dissapointing to be so good during the week only to ruin all the hard work :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:27 pm

THanks girls, thats how I feel, like i am ruining all my hard work by binging on the weekend. I actually did my gym workout on Saturday morning, and finished with a big session on the treadmill, then drank the equilivant of 2 bottles of wine over the weekend :(

My self control in the sweet white wine stakes is terrible!! But I am okay with eating over the weekend, its just the other! Oh well here's to a positive week and WEEKEND!
sunshine

Postby scoots » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:10 pm

i have to say i find my days off hardest (i'm a nurse and a shiftworker so my days off aren't often actually weekends), when i'm at work i have to plan my meals and snacks at the beginning of the day and then what's there is all i have, but on days off i tend not eat as much actually coz my snacks don't tend to happen so well, but then i might feel more inclined to eat more at dinner, or eat something not so good for me at lunch/dinner
scoots

Postby blueberries » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:00 pm

I'm glad I've never been a huge fan of alcohol
Start Weight-79.1kg
Current Weight - 69kg
Target Weight- 58kg
Height- 166cm
blueberries

Postby Fairie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Becareful Sunshine I was the same and enjoyed a glass or two of wine on the weekend but with everthing else that is happening in my life at the moment I have to be so carefull. I am finding that with all the stress I have at the moment I am looking to a few extra wines during the week. Have to put a stop to this or it will be every night. :oops: :(
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Weight loss Talk