It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Do you feel like you've lost weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you feel like you've lost weight?

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Just wondering if you feel like you've made any progress.

Cos the other day I said about 8kg, and someone was like "WOW! That's AMAZING!" And I was like... huh... well, I mean, it's a start, but it's not really anything major... But I am pleased with it, and my clothes are slightly looser (which is really annoying, actually...). But it doesn't seem like anything, I think because I'm so on and off at the moment, y'know? Then I remember that some people only want to loose 10kg or less, then I get confused with myself.

What about the rest of you?
rivenriver

Postby scoots » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:17 pm

i just have to start by agreeing with you on the clothes feeling looser being annoying part, i mean it is good but its damn annoying having to pull your pants up all time coz they're falling a bit low :D

i have to say that at the moment i am noticing a difference, and i can see a difference when i look at myself, but in the past i have lost more weight than i currently have and haven't really noticed it, it has been other people, and in the reverse i have put on weight and not noticed....its weird how i bodies can change so much and we don't notice..... :?
scoots

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm

I have to say that sometimes I STILL can't see how small I am. People are ALWAYS saying I'm tiny now, and a friend commented that I must be size 6 now today, but most of the time I just don't see it! I know I've lost over 30kg, I know I'm so much smaller, I know I have so much less fat and so much more muscle, but when you're having a "fat day", all of that is forgotten and I feel almost 85kg again!!!

But then, I do have my days where I go into a clothing store, try something on in a size 8 and marvel that it fits and looks good!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:13 pm

Yes, yes, yes !

I can't see it as such, however I can feel it ! My joints no longer hurt, I can walk much further and I can even keep up with people now when walking, something I wasnt able to do before :D

I can see it slightly in my clothes but no where else. However everyone comments how they can see it in my face and my chest ... Question: What are people doing looking at my chest ?!?!?!?! :twisted: :lol:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby scoots » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:57 pm

However everyone comments how they can see it in my face and my chest ... Question: What are people doing looking at my chest ?!?!?!?!

hehe, yes the comment i got at work the other day was that this person could see it in my face and chest......very odd :lol:
scoots

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Bwahhaha just goes to show how many people notice other people's chests :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 pm

I still feel like I look the same. I suppose you just grow so used to seeing what's in the mirror (hence you don't even notice yourself gain 20kg overnight!!!).

People are telling me I look great but I feel like screaming talk to me in another 40kg and I'll hear you~ :twisted:

And the drama of clothing ARGHHH I've been shopping all week for a dress to wear to a Christmas party. Got a disgusted look from a sales girl in Big City Chic when I asked if there was a smaller size...for two different items :oops: and almost had a sobbing breakdown in a regular sized store because everything was too small!!!

If anything I feel like more of an outcast at the moment because it looks like I've scabbed my clothes from the second hand bin and I can't even find a decent shirt to buy....Oh dramas...I suppose if this is my only problem then I'm doing alright :?:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby blueberries » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm

I've lost 7kg but haven't yet felt the loss...I'm on meds for schizophrenia and I KNOW that it's making it difficult for me to lose weight...my clothes don't feel loose...they fit exactly the same...I look the same too...recently I bought a tape measure and have started measuring myself...hopefully it will show something positive as I'm really trying so bloody hard to lose weight and I'm not noticing results...it's really started to depress me and is affecting my self esteem :cry:
Start Weight-79.1kg
Current Weight - 69kg
Target Weight- 58kg
Height- 166cm
blueberries

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Try not to let it get you down :( If the scales are heading in the right direction then you are doing well 8) As I said earlier we are so used to looking at ourselves in the mirror it's hard to notice a difference straight away.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 pm

hysterical_oliver wrote:And the drama of clothing ARGHHH I've been shopping all week for a dress to wear to a Christmas party. Got a disgusted look from a sales girl in Big City Chic when I asked if there was a smaller size...for two different items :oops: and almost had a sobbing breakdown in a regular sized store because everything was too small!!!

If anything I feel like more of an outcast at the moment because it looks like I've scabbed my clothes from the second hand bin and I can't even find a decent shirt to buy....Oh dramas...I suppose if this is my only problem then I'm doing alright :?:

I agree! I've almost always been that annoying middle size - too big for regular stuff, too small for plus sized stuff! It's soooo frustrating!!! Especially when I squeeze into a size 22 at Crossroads and fit neatly into a size 16 next door at Autograph... *sigh*
rivenriver

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Sometimes I feel really fat, sometimes I feel really good about the way I look!

Its just a mental image you have of yourself... And I don't know how to make it go away. You usually look better than you think you do!
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:03 am

Lost 40 kilos and still feel like the fattest gal in the room. IMO it's easier to shed the weight than shed all those feelings I have when I was 40kgs heavier.
help6363

Postby Haylez » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:02 am

I think other people notice it more than what we ourselves do. I only see my mum once a fortnight and every time i see her she always comments about weight I've lost, but I don't see it and the scales don't see it, but my pants do fall down a lot more.

And remember that it's summer too so fluid retention does become a problem for some people, so don't let that phase you.

Sorry, I'm only knew to this, Im not that great on offering support and advice. I will learn
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Postby sunshine » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:07 pm

YES YES YES I can walk up our very steep hill to our house without puffing a bit, before I was exhausted at the top. Also the weights I am lifting are getting easier to lift and I feel fitter, stronger and happier! And things like this make me want to keep going. Best wishes to you.
sunshine

Postby loveat116 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:23 pm

Its not really how many kg you have lost, but what % of your total body weight have you lost.

If your not very big to start off with a couple of kg is really noticeable. I have lost around 5kg and I have noticed a huge difference.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk