It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 am

Free Newsletter

So.... How do you do it!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

So.... How do you do it!!!

Postby LadyBug » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:06 am

Hey spunkies :D

How do you lose weight. Do you follow a low cal/carb/fat diet or weight watchers etc.

Do you write out a meal plan for that day and try to stick to that?

Im just curious :)

Me: I am following a low cal and diet carb diet with lots and lots of vegies and water. I have picked up little hints and tips from around the place and have worked out what works for me!

Will be interesting so see what others do, as im always wanting to find out more... this is a big learning curve that is going to continue for the rest of my life :D
xoxo ~Ali

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
LadyBug

Postby carleyjt » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:20 am

Hey Ladybug :D

I was counting calories but i got tired of weighing all my food all the time and it made it impossible to eat out as i couldnt weigh everything on my plate.

Now i drink 500mls as soon as i get up
Usually eat toast or fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, also if dinner the night before wasnt exactly healthy i might have that for breakfast so i have more chance of burning it off during th day
Drink 500mls water
Low fat lunch
Drink 500 mls water
Smaller portion than usual of dinner or low fat soup
And after tea i always get a sugar craving so i drink flavoured tea with sugar substitute (pepperment is great)

Thats me 8)
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Angel » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Ladybug,

I am trying something new. I decided I didn't want to focus on food - weight watchers, calorie counting etc - so I'm just trying to eat healthily. Basically, I'm not on a diet, I'm working at losing weight by a plan that I can follow for the rest of my life. So far so good.

For the time being, I have cut out sweets, alcohol, take away and anything else considered 'bad'. When I'm comfortable I will re-introduce those things but for the time been I'm happy not eating them. To keep me from feeling like I'm missing out, I occasionally drink PepsiMax and water icypoles and every Sunday I have a special treat, usually some mixed lollies. So far this approach has kept me on track.

A typical day for me is as follows:

Wake up
Nettle tea (great for weight loss)
Hot water with lemon and a kelp tablet (good for bolstering metabolism).
Breakfast - quick porridge oats, L.S.A., strawberries, sultanas or dried apricots and soy milk - yum!
Lunch - varies, consists of heaps of vegies and a little protein (mainly tuna, chicken or Mini Chol (soy cheese) and occasionally reduced fat fetta).
Dinner - again varies, and same idea as lunch.
Snacks as needed - fruit, almonds, rice snacks, snow peas or cut up vegies.
And heaps of water - I started off drinking 12 - 15 glasses of water a day but now I'm up to about 18 - 25 glasses a day.

I keep an eye on my portions (taken portions from when I did WW) and I use a small butter plate and cereal bowl for my meals so it looks like I'm eating a huge meal but I'm not.

And, very important, I write everything down so I don't overeat.

Useful tip - Having hot water with lemon at the start of your day goes straight through to the bowels and gets rid of things from the day before. Cold water, first thing in the morning, shocks and stops at the tummy and creates gas or bloating.
Last edited by Angel on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi LadyBug,
I personally find journaling your daily food intake on the forums Daily Food Diary and your exercise on the Daily Exercise Diary
a really great way to start.
Joining the challenges and listening to other peoples experiences, emulating the successful dieters here, also is a great help.
Once you find the diet that works best for your body, there will be no stopping you.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Like Angel, I'm not really "dieting". I'm just trying to eat healthier. I always have eaten fairly well, but I'm just cutting down on junk like biscuits and chips and trying to reduce the rich fatty foods like cheeses and oils. Mostly, I try to focus on fresh fruit and veg. and lots of firbe and protein rich foods like legumes and wholegrains.

The main thing I think has helped in my ewight loss is exercise. Frankly, although I always ate fairly well, I had an aversion to exercise and didn't do enough of it. So I'm trying to incorporate exercise in to every day.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:23 pm

deny yourself nothing, just all in moderation

Return to Weight loss Talk