It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 am

Free Newsletter

worked hard all week - no weight lost grrrrrrrrrr

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

worked hard all week - no weight lost grrrrrrrrrr

Postby sunshine » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Well I have been weighing myself every Wed same time after my weights/t'mill workout. Last week I was 67.3, today I weighed 67.4 took my hat off :D and i weighed 67.3 same as last week!

I know I am getting hung up about the scales but its such a visual thing to see the weight going. I did my weights and t'mill 4 times last week and walked about 4 times too, and I haven't lost any weight and I am dissapointed. I get my measurements done next week, and I know that is the important thing. But since I have been doing alot of exercise I thought I would at least crack the 66 mark. Maybe it WAS the 2 bottles of wine I had on the weekend, :shock:

Am I plateauing after only 4 weeks, or do I need to REALLY watch everything I eat, I might be super super good from now til next Wed and see what happens. Anyone else had this happen to them. Best wishes to you all.
sunshine

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

it could very well be the wine. Alcohol can really hinder weight loss!

All I can advise is keep at it and maybe you'll have a really good loss next week.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:43 pm

This is probably going against all weight loss advice in existence, but maybe you should try weighing yourself tomorrow to double check your results.

The main reason people advocate weighing yourself weekly is because weight fluctuates day to day. However the way I see it that means risking that your weighing day could be one of those 'bad' days. You could have just been retaining water a little and it would have given you a bad reading. Instead of seeing it as a bloaty day, you then see it as a whole week with no weight loss. This is the reason I weigh myself daily and look more for patterns of loss or gain rather than taking the scale's reading as gospel. Most people prefer not to do this because they get too caught up in the scale reading, but it works for me.

For instance I weighed myself on Saturday (my 'official' day) and hadn't lost anything. I'd had a big night the night before so really it wasn't surprising, but I felt just as ripped off as you do now! The next day the scales were showing a 0.2kg loss, though. And today the scales are claiming I've lost a further 0.9kg! While I'm not taking today's reading as an 'official' weight it's made me feel better about my weight loss regimen.

If the scales are showing a consistent pattern of no weight loss then it's time to adjust your diet or exercise. In my opinion one bad weigh-in isn't a cause for panic.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

do u drink water during your workout? your best bet is to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after youve been to the toilet wearing the same clothes, its the most accurate reading youll get :)
Jisgone

Return to Weight loss Talk