It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Ladies and our monthly fluctuation

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Ladies and our monthly fluctuation

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:00 am

Hey,
Im only new and hoping this isnt too personal. But, how much do you generally lose and or gain when that evil time of the month rolls around. I've just noticed a nealy 2 and a half Kg diffrence.

=D YoyoGirl
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Justjudy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Yoyogirl
I usually will put on anywhere between 1 and 2 kg each month, mind you it is usually gone within the week. Most women will put on some each month - and we are all individuals so it will vary from woman to woman. Just put that week out of your head and stick with your program, it looks great the following week :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:09 am

Im on the pill so i dont really notice it.

My weight fluctuates about a kg a day though.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:27 am

I wouldn't know because I've only been looking at the scales for 3 months or so and for the first 6 weeks I had a never ending period caused by having the contraceptive implant. So that stopped and 2 weeks later BAM!! have another period!!

Maybe I can just blame my crap week on fluid retention :lol: Ow the cramps make it hurt to lol...
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:05 pm

hysterical_oliver wrote:I wouldn't know because I've only been looking at the scales for 3 months or so and for the first 6 weeks I had a never ending period caused by having the contraceptive implant. So that stopped and 2 weeks later BAM!! have another period!!

Maybe I can just blame my crap week on fluid retention :lol: Ow the cramps make it hurt to lol...

Oh I feel you pain! I have Implanon and had my period for 6 weeks just recently!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:58 pm

when i got my period i usually put on about 2kg, but I don't get my period anymore it's awesome.

Just talking about the implant, I'm currently getting depo provera (a 3 month injection) and I'm about to get the implant. Has anyone gone from depo provera to the implant? I'm just wondering if my periods will start again and go all weird, cos when i first got the injection i had a period for 3 months and it was so annoying.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:18 pm

Haylez wrote:when i got my period i usually put on about 2kg, but I don't get my period anymore it's awesome.

Just talking about the implant, I'm currently getting depo provera (a 3 month injection) and I'm about to get the implant. Has anyone gone from depo provera to the implant? I'm just wondering if my periods will start again and go all weird, cos when i first got the injection i had a period for 3 months and it was so annoying.

Hi,

I was on Depo for 4 years and didn't get any period at all the whole time. But I got very depressed.

I have been on implanon for almost 2.5 years and I have had about 4 bouts of continious bleeding of between 3 - 6 weeks.

Most of the time I don't get any bleeding but when I do its very heavy and lasts for ages.

The last time I got very sick and lethargic and finally found a doctor who wanted to help. We tried so many different things and finally Menapause pills helped!! haha

BUT everyone has different experiences so what happened to me, may not happen to you.

I have to decide soon if I want another one put in after the 3 years and at the moment I have no idea.

I can't take the pill as it makes me sick.

Being a woman is great aint it!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Yeah I love being a woman, lol. I can't go on the pill either, I feel really nauseus and break out in a rash. I'm just sick of having to go to the doctors to get the injection redone. I usually remember the day before it needs to be done, which is why I thought I'd get the implant.

They should make these sorts of things for men, see how they like having to be teh responsible ones.

The good thing about the implant tho, is when u want to ahve kids you just get it taken out and it doesn't take long before you can have them, with the implant it can take up to 2 years after your last injection before you're able to have kids.
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby oostevens » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

what sorta rash did u get?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:30 pm

my face and neck just became red and blotchy.n't raised skin or anything like that. it looked like i was sunburnt a bit in areas. It happens to my mum aswell, but she got pregnant to both me and my sister on the pill, so im not that inclined too trust it
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Yep I gain weight anywhere form 1.5 to 2kgs when its TTOM.

And I also get the munchies big time. I just want to eat eat eat even though I'm not hungry :roll:

And I'm on the pill too :x I guess everyone is different.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:36 pm

cos i have been dizzy/lightheaded and really tired lately, and breaking out around my chin, which doesn't usually happen that much that early. I wonder whether it is the pill I am on. I got taken off my last one cos they thought it caused a rash thing on my face...hmmm...i am kinda lactose intolerant and the pill makes me a tad sick ha ha but i can't be off the pill cos i get bad cramps (not mega bad but quite painful) and its heavy and irregular :p

unless....i want a baby :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:Yep I gain weight anywhere form 1.5 to 2kgs when its TTOM.

And I also get the munchies big time. I just want to eat eat eat even though I'm not hungry :roll:

And I'm on the pill too :x I guess everyone is different.

Do you get pms symptoms whilst on the pill?

Cause i thought that stopped when you are on the pill, but i get cramps really bad.

I bloat hell bad on the pill.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:44 pm

I GET PMS SYMPTOMS :P mood swings, um sometimes munchies, um.....and sometimes acne...ooooh and MAJOR depression day :P once a month. 1wk or so before i get period :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:53 pm

I was a Pill baby and so was my mums other child. I am not a big fan of all the chemical ways to avoid babies. I do not use any of them. My mum had a lot of problems on it, so did I when i did first try it i ended up very bloasted and i had very irregular periods and
heavy too. I'd never had that problem before and it stopped after i got off it. Though it is still a little out of whatck and its been 2 years since i stopped taking it.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk