It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Arghh

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Arghh

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Well I'm on day 3 and everything's been going really well.

I'm doing the optislim shakes 3 times a day and eating a salad. I haven't really started to feel hungry during the day, I should, I've dropped from 5000kj a day to 2000kj so I should be starving.

My problem is that I just wanna eat. I see food and I just wanna chew it. Is this normal?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Postby emmalito » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:02 pm

yes, i would say that's normal. How long have you been eating 5000 calories for? I would say it's a habit now, which means your mind and bod will be reminding you to do it ALL the time.

But hey, the great thing about habits is that we can cahnge them. It's a bit like quitting smoking - you just need to think of each urge as the monster's last struggles. With time it'll get weaker and weaker until it's silent.

Hang in there!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlhBGtI/]
[/url]
emmalito

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:06 pm

I've always eaten about 5000kJ a day. To maintain my current weight I'm supposed to eat around 6000kJ, so I eat less than I should in kJ, but the food I eat has nothing but fat in it. And I think the fact that I eat the 5000kJ in 1 meal doesn't really help (I only usually eat lunch, I don't have breakfast and I rarely have tea).

I'm hoping that the lack of energy will subside soon. All I want to do is sleep. I'm still not that hungry though, but I would kill for the taste of a whopper right now.

They should make weight loss shakes that taste like our favourite junk foods. Hungry Jacks makes me really sick, but I love the taste, which is why I eat it. If I could have a shake that tasted like a whopper, I wouldn't want to eat it anymore, lol.
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby Justjudy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:08 pm

mmmmm! whopper shake..........

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:12 pm

You could put it in a blender and pretend it's a weight loss shake, lol. I wonder if it would taste teh same.
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Haylez wrote:I've always eaten about 5000kJ a day. To maintain my current weight I'm supposed to eat around 6000kJ, so I eat less than I should in kJ, but the food I eat has nothing but fat in it. And I think the fact that I eat the 5000kJ in 1 meal doesn't really help (I only usually eat lunch, I don't have breakfast and I rarely have tea).

I'm hoping that the lack of energy will subside soon. All I want to do is sleep. I'm still not that hungry though, but I would kill for the taste of a whopper right now.

They should make weight loss shakes that taste like our favourite junk foods. Hungry Jacks makes me really sick, but I love the taste, which is why I eat it. If I could have a shake that tasted like a whopper, I wouldn't want to eat it anymore, lol.

6000kj a day to maintain? That doesn't sound right, at your weight it is probably around 10,000 or more kilojoules.

2,000kj is WAY too low (475calories). Are you sure all the shakes and the salad add up to that?
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:36 pm

the 3 shakes add up to 1830kJ (they're 632kJ each) and I wasn't sure how much the salad was. I'm eating an overall 2 cups made up of lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, mushroom, tomato and im eating celery sticks.

I've never counted calories before, so I was just guessing the 5000kJ, it probably would be up around 7000kJ most of the time, but my doc told me that 6000kJ is what i need to maintain my weight, 3000kJ is what i need to make a huge change in my weight.

I find it all so hard to follow, everywhere has different information. I have a really fast metabolism tho (which is why the fast food isn't making me put on weight). All I ahve to do is stop eating it and I'll go down, lol.

So what do you think would be the right kilojoule intake for me to be able to lose the weight?
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Haylez wrote:the 3 shakes add up to 1830kJ (they're 632kJ each) and I wasn't sure how much the salad was. I'm eating an overall 2 cups made up of lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, mushroom, tomato and im eating celery sticks.

I've never counted calories before, so I was just guessing the 5000kJ, it probably would be up around 7000kJ most of the time, but my doc told me that 6000kJ is what i need to maintain my weight, 3000kJ is what i need to make a huge change in my weight.

I find it all so hard to follow, everywhere has different information. I have a really fast metabolism tho (which is why the fast food isn't making me put on weight). All I ahve to do is stop eating it and I'll go down, lol.

So what do you think would be the right kilojoule intake for me to be able to lose the weight?

Your doctor shouldnt have said that! I probably ate around 2000kj a day at the height of my anorexia - thats stavation calories.

You should sign up with caloriking, and record your exact kilojoules. http://www.calorieking.com.au

I used a BMR calculator to work out how many calories you need to maintain, it came to 1973 (8289kJ) (no physical activity)
So probably a good intake to start off with is 1500 calories (6300 kj) and then you can reduce it, if you start too low you will probably plateau.

I cant believe your doctor told you to eat that little!

loveat116

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm

I just jumped on my scales and my BMR is 1800, so if i'm only eating 2000kJ, I'll obviously lose weight really fast, but I'm not going to have any energy for anything.

I'm going to go have a look at calorieking, thanks
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:39 pm

Haylez wrote:I just jumped on my scales and my BMR is 1800, so if i'm only eating 2000kJ, I'll obviously lose weight really fast, but I'm not going to have any energy for anything.

I'm going to go have a look at calorieking, thanks

The scales are probably saying 1800 calories (7560kj). There is NO WAY your BMR is only 1800kj.

That BMR is quite low. I am 19, 57kg, 170cm tall and my BMR is 2500 (moderate exercise). Thats worked out from lean muscle (from a body fat % test).

Your scales are saying calories not kilojoules, my scales give my BMR too, in calories.

loveat116

Postby Haylez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:41 pm

lol, cheers for that.
[/url]

% Body Fat

Haylez

Postby loveat116 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 pm

its confusing, i wish everyone just used the SAME units of measurements, would make everything a lot easier!

loveat116

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:35 pm

A lot of time the kilojoules you need to maintain is overestimated by websites and stuff.. Most people's BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate - the minimum kJ you need for your body just to function, not taking into account any exercise or moving around) is a lot lower than they think it is! A lot of websites tell me I need 9000+kJ to maintain, but I know it's more like 7000.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Siana-leah » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:14 am

Haylez wrote:I've always eaten about 5000kJ a day. To maintain my current weight I'm supposed to eat around 6000kJ, so I eat less than I should in kJ, but the food I eat has nothing but fat in it. And I think the fact that I eat the 5000kJ in 1 meal doesn't really help (I only usually eat lunch, I don't have breakfast and I rarely have tea).

hey haylez
ive never been a fan of the shakes because i always feel hungry even after ive just had one.
Im not an expert and i know that what works for one may not work for another...but if you are having trouble wanting food maybe you should have a good salad sandwich for lunch (wholemeal or grain bread) that might satisfy you a bit more....you will probably find that it helps. And if you dont eat much for breakfast or dinner the shakes may be a good idea.
Personally i think that 5000kJ is not enough...thats about 1100 cals....i eat healthy foods that add up to 1300cal
(apparently im supposed to eat 1700cal but i cant eat that much) and find that its plenty and im losing weight....(and i get to have a little chocolate :wink: ) but i am a breakfast and dinner eater.
Anyway if you dont agree then just ignore me.. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk