It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Free Newsletter

hypnosis, has anyone here tried it?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

hypnosis, has anyone here tried it?

Postby Jake » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:47 am

I am thinking about going and seeing a hypnotist to help with my motivation in loosing weight. Has anyone here had any experience seeing one? Any advice would be great.
Jake

Postby bferbear » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I didnt use one regarding weightloss however I used one 3 months ago to stop smoking and havent had a cigarette since.

Hypnosis is not a miracle cure, you have to genuinely want to do whatever you are being hypnotised to do, and also be prepared to work hard. What it did for me was highlight my priorities and made me more aware of what my triggers were. It made me conscious of how I was feeling prior to smoking and how to control my urges when I felt them. I still had to put up with the withdrawal symptoms, the insomnia, the shakes etc, but I knew I could do it this time, as opposed to the other 55 million times I had tried. More than anything else it gave me the confidence to know I could succeed.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby electrongirl » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:14 pm

I have tried it for weightloss, and I am heavier now than ever before!

But it could work for other people.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Justjudy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 pm

I had a close friend who tried hypnosis for weight loss and initially it was successful, but after a while it all went out the window quite quickly and she ended up heavier than ever. I think that she may have not had quite the right attitude, and in most things attitude is half the battle won.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Jake » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I believe I have the right attitude and just need a little help with my subconscious, as bear said, "highlight my priorities and made me more aware of what my triggers were" I need a bit of help doing that.
I mean, what diet have you tried and the weigh has not come back more than you started. I don't know, I have tried so many other things to loose weight, so I thought hypnosis maybe it for me.

Has anyone had any positive outcomes doing this, loosing weight?
Jake

weight loss

Postby mimosa8 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:14 pm

how much do you need to lose? what diets have you tried before?

what exercise have you done before.?

have you been consistent? had support?
mimosa8

Re: weight loss

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:26 am

mimosa8 wrote:how much do you need to lose? what diets have you tried before?

what exercise have you done before.?

have you been consistent? had support?

You name it, walking, swimming, gym, Atkins, Sure Slim, Lite'n Easy, basic watch what I'm eating. ect. I'm 34 and weigh around 136kg, so I need to loose around 46kg. As for support, I have a wonderful wife that likes to please me, which is great in most of aspects of life but not the best when it comes to helping to loose weight. She likes to see me satisfied at meals time. My issue is not the fact I want to loose weight, I have two little ones to motivate me, it is making life changes to loose weight and then keeping it off. This is were I hope a hypnotist can help with tweaking my subconscious to help me with focusing on my goal and sticking to it. I would just like to hear some positive feedback about going to a hypnotist, or am I being a bit unrealistic in my expectations?
Jake

Postby Jisgone » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 am

i think the main thing with weightloss is there is no miracle cure, you wont lose weight until your ready, and alot of the people on this site will say something 'clicked' and all of a sudden they were ready to ditch the weight
Jisgone

Hypnosis

Postby Sydney151 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:02 pm

The main thing with hypnosis, it helps motivate you to do what you need to do. Be that quit smoking, lose weight, get over stage fright, etc. It may take more than one or two sessions to work.

Hypnosis works with your inner subconscious mind, and helps with your trigger points. It is especially useful at helping with motivation for exercise. It can also help with visualizing your perfect final results (ideal weight, buff and toned body).

Again, most people will need to have more than one session. A good hypnotist will spend time with you trying to help you find what your true inner goals are and will help your subconscious mind work in that direction.

I had a friend who went and actually lost weight and was able to keep it off. It took 5 or 6 sessions before all of the reinforcing was in place to help them. It depends on the person and the skill of the hypnotist.
Dieting by itself is almost always doomed to failure; you need to have a good exercise program to help with the dieting. In my Blog, http://dietquickweightloss.blogspot.com/, I tell about my weight loss struggles.
Sydney151

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:37 pm

I tried it about 6yrs ago when I was at my heaviest - 76kgs.

For me, it REALLY helped me to only eat when I was hungry and stop eating once I was full...I use to just eat and eat.

6yrs on, I sometimes eat when i'm not really hungry but with meals I always stop as soon as I am full.

I remember the lady telling me that this is how many people eat, because when they grew up it was the old 'you can't leave the table until you finish your dinner' so we've actually been programed to eat even when we're full and then it comes back to bite us in the ass!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Return to Weight loss Talk