It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Im so down :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Im so down :(

Postby sammianderson » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:47 pm

I have my first job interview this tuesday in 9 yrs (ive been home with the kiddies) im feeling really nerveous about it, yesterday i went shopping for some clothes that looked interview acceptable,
i didnt realise i was so big.. my at home mums clothes are all 14 - 16 in size so imagine how it felt when the nice shirt and trousers i picked up wouldnt even fit, in the end i ended up getting size 18, i calmly walked thru the register paid for the clothes got to the car and bawled my eyes out, the person who pulled up in the car next to me must have though what an idiot i was, well to top it all off i get home and one of the shirts i brought still doesnt fit...

being 5ft and this weight has really put a downer on going to this interview i even told hubby last night that i didnt want to go.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgwNCX/]
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby SarahC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:07 pm

How awful :( Just keep in mind though that clothes sizes in shops are getting smaller and smaller. So, while you stay the same size, your clothes size actually goes up!! Stupid clothes sizes :? It also depends what shop you go into, some are a lot smaller than others.

I went to the interview for my current job wearing an outfit, which was the roomiest one in my wardrobe btw, that was SKIN TIGHT, because it was the only thing I had! The shirt fitted where it touched, and the skirt I could only zip up half way! I almost looked indecent... but still got the job :lol:

Good luck in the job interview! Remember, they like you already, that's why they asked you for an interview. You just have to re-affirm their decision! They'll decide based on you as a person, and won't care about what the label says on your clothes :wink:
SarahC

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:30 pm

You need to be strong, I know that buying clothes can be something that many of us don't like, but you let that take you down, you have to show everyone that you're strong

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Don't worry, Sammi. Sizing is completely arbitrary these days and clothes sizes differ ridiculously between brands. I buy all my clothes over Ebay or from op-shops and even though they're all allegedly the same size I can be swimming in one article of clothing and can barely fit an ankle into another. Chances are all the clothes in that particular brand are ludicrously small.

If I were you I'd cut the size labels out of all your clothes and think nothing more of it. Just imagine how great you're going to feel when they're all way too big for you!

*Hugs*
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yellowroses » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Oh sweety :(

You'll be fine in the interview!! They don't care what you look like - it's about your attitude towards your work and the skills you've got!!

If they don't hire you because of what you look like then they're stupid anyway and you don't want to work for people like that.

Also remember that you may not get a job immediately after not working for that long... everything is a process. My Fiancee is returning to work after 6 years of not working, and he's finding it a bit hard. But eventually, things will happen if you keep pushing :)

Good luck hun.
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Re: Im so down :(

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:36 pm

sammianderson wrote:I have my first job interview this tuesday in 9 yrs (ive been home with the kiddies) im feeling really nerveous about it, yesterday i went shopping for some clothes that looked interview acceptable,
i didnt realise i was so big.. my at home mums clothes are all 14 - 16 in size so imagine how it felt when the nice shirt and trousers i picked up wouldnt even fit, in the end i ended up getting size 18, i calmly walked thru the register paid for the clothes got to the car and bawled my eyes out, the person who pulled up in the car next to me must have though what an idiot i was, well to top it all off i get home and one of the shirts i brought still doesnt fit...

being 5ft and this weight has really put a downer on going to this interview i even told hubby last night that i didnt want to go.

BIG HUGS!!! :D

Try not to define yourself by your weight.....I know easier said than done!
help6363

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:54 am

Don't let this stop you from going to the interview. Despite what we think of ourselves, other people can see you for who you are and not what you look like. You wouldn't like to work for someone who judged you on your dress size anyway :)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:36 am

Good Luck with The job interview. Like they have all said dont worry about the size on the Tag I wint to Big W the other day and bought a pair of size 14 pants then tried on a top (diff brand) and needed an 18. its ridiculous.

GOGOGO JOB INTERVIEW. "You can do iiiit!"
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby sassi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 am

good luck for the interview tomorrow!

i can only imagine how nervewracking it must be after 9 years, but you can definitely do this. your weight doesn't define how well you can do this job nor how good you will look - going up sizes is a real downer, but in the end it's better to have a bigger size that fits well & looks good rather than a smaller one that looks bad. no one, no matter how small they are, looks good in clothes that are too small.

that said, use how you felt after you bought them as motivation for your weight loss :)

hang in there, you can do this! :)
sassi

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:26 am

cheer up sammi!
the others are right, every store has different sizing....if you look it up on the net stores sizes vary by up to 8cm!
i went for a job last year and the shirt that fit me when i bought it was now bursting at the seams but i just did the interview...focussed on the questions and tried not to show the guy my boobs when i got out of there....
honestly i never wanted to get a job because of my size but it isnt practical in the end....especially if your short on cash.
you can do it.....good luck! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:26 am

by the way...i got the job! :)
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby help6363 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Siana-leah wrote:by the way...i got the job! :)

EXCELLENT!!!

I am so happy for you :D
help6363

Postby sammianderson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:38 pm

thanks for your nice words everyone, i tell you it has got my butt into gear alright, i dont think ive worked out so much during my weightloss journey, i even mowed our lawns yesterday all 1 1/2 acres of them with the push mower (didnt ring the FIL to bring the ride on up) and boy was i exhuasted took me about 3 hrs and better still our lawns not flat its up and down hill.

oh well let you all know how the interview goes
sammi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgwNCX/]
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 pm

oh man...that is definately a work out....ive done that b4....not for that long but boy i felt it the next day!! :D
good on ya!
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:35 pm

Best wishes for your interview, I am sorry you felt so down, but things will improve, please be positive. Hugs to you.
sunshine

Return to Weight loss Talk