It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 am

Free Newsletter

what has worked for you

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what has worked for you

Postby mialisa » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 pm

I have tried and tested many a weight loss programs, diets and fads and nothing has given me permanent results. I know that i need to put in the effort to get the results, but some programs help give motivation and direction that aids to keep on track. I am looking for something that is easy to follow, not restrictive on food groups and that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. What has worked for others out there.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjz9RPM/]
[/url]
mialisa

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:34 pm

I love Weight Watchers. It doesn't restrict foods, and it only costs between $15 - $18 a week depending on which payment plan you go on.

The first meeting you do usually pay a joining fee, but they have specials all the time when its waived, and you do need the books etc but they aren't that pricey.

You don't have to buy their foods so you have control over how much you spend on groceries too.

I find the meetings a great source of support and encouragement.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

weight loss plan

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:10 pm

wirte your own diet with types of foods you can eat majority of the time, some some of the tine and others rarely as a treat.

many people are doing calorie king. but i find i cant be bothered countng.

I think the shakes are a helpful thing. any types that are 300 cals or so for 1 shake (around 4 or 5 points)

can replace 2 meals and eat 1 serve of protein / veg for dinner plus snacks.

and for snacks can have friuit and some almonds (10)

eat every 4 hours or so.. drink lots of water

can substitue soup for one of your shakes

or substitue a shake for more protein (serve tuna. chicken. red meat or whatever) with salad.

eat up to 4 cups of veg per day.. aim for 5 veg per day they say,,

THIS IS SIMILAR to What they say to have for Celebrite slim or TF.

weight watchers is good too
mimosa8

weight loss

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:12 pm

the BETALIFE program was also good

made you think about what you eat and how with weekly DVDs that change your eating patterns to be more fruit and veg and healthy proteins / fats.

no counting cals just better eating for life. takes longer as it is a process.
mimosa8

Postby Jisgone » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:24 pm

i did cal king for a long time, its great but takes alot of time, at the moment im on lite n easy and loving it cause all the work is done for me but its pricey for anyone on a budjet
Jisgone

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:33 pm

I have just started my fitness routine one month ago and have had good results, see my other post. I have been doing a weights programme 3 times a week and walking 4 times a week. I have cut down on snack foods and takeaways and have really seen results. If I could cut out alcohol I bet I could do better! Best wishes to you,
sunshine

Postby rivenriver » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 am

I made up my own thing that sounded sensible, restricting snacks, eating smaller portions, avoiding deep fried stuff, etc. I also like saying "I will eat at this time of day, only." It helps me avoid snacks, which are my weakness.

At the moment, I feel like I need something more ridged, so I'm using calorie king (http://www.calorieking.com.au) for a while - it's free and easy, but takes a few minutes. Also it's hard to eat things that don't come in packets, because you don't know the nutritional info and stuff. It can be done, it's just not totally accurate.
rivenriver

Postby Ally » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:25 am

I bought the CK software and use that......it is a one off cost (or you can use the free version...even cheaper 8) ) I have tried many things over the years and this what works best for me.....

There are many different things that work for different people and it is always great to get input to help you decide...I hope you find something that suits you :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

I try and go low carb during the week then on the weekend I allow myslef one meal each day to be a "naughty" meal... usually dinner cause my DH and I go out a lot on teh weekends with friends so it is just too tempting when all the bad food is around.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Re: what has worked for you

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm

mialisa wrote:I have tried and tested many a weight loss programs, diets and fads and nothing has given me permanent results. I know that i need to put in the effort to get the results, but some programs help give motivation and direction that aids to keep on track. I am looking for something that is easy to follow, not restrictive on food groups and that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. What has worked for others out there.

Calorie counting has worked for me. Here's a rough guide for women to lose weight.......

WOMEN

Need to lose less than 6kgs
1,250 calories (35grams of fat)

Need to lose 6 -20 kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Need to lose more than 20kg
1,750 calories (49g of fat)

I like calorie counting cause it's free and I got the number of calories in foods from the web for free. KJs are written on packets sometimes instead of calories, to work out the calories divide by 4.19

I also like it because I treat my calories like a spending budget, I just cannot go over.

I also drink water (8 glasses per day)
help6363

Postby loveat116 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:10 pm

I need to lose less than 6kg, but there is no way i would ever eat as low as 1200calories!

Im guessing thats just a rough guide.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:13 pm

loveat116 wrote:I need to lose less than 6kg, but there is no way i would ever eat as low as 1200calories!

Im guessing thats just a rough guide.

Yep that's a rough guide for what has worked for me! :D I know we are all different, what works for one person, doesn't work for another. Make sense?
help6363

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

WOMEN

Need to lose less than 6kgs
1,250 calories (35grams of fat)

Yep a rough guide and what has worked for me......... we are all different! I know people that eat more and people that eat less! Weight loss is so individual (I believe) because we are not all made from the same blueprint.

Just thought I would re-type this cause the in the other thread I seemed a bit off hand! SORRY!

Exercise....I go to the gym 6 days a week and combine cardio and weight training!

My friend just works out and eats whatever she pleases and it does not effect her weight - some people have all the luck! :lol:
help6363

Postby Justjudy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:56 pm

I am currently using Calorie King, and find that for me it is effective. I do save some of my calories during the week for weekends, though I have to admit some weekends are bigger than others. I find that using CK gives me the freedom to eat the foods that I want and gives me something to guide me as to portions etc.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:25 pm

Jewles wrote:i did cal king for a long time, its great but takes alot of time, at the moment im on lite n easy and loving it cause all the work is done for me but its pricey for anyone on a budjet

I loved Lite N Easy! I only stopped it because I thought I would like to try calorie counting myself. I was on 1,200 calories per day (that's what they recommended) and it works. I started off at 1,500 calories, then they reduced the calories as I lost weight.

How many calories are you on per day?

What's your favourite meal?
help6363

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk