It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 am

Free Newsletter

What scares you the most with looseing weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What scares you the most with looseing weight

Postby sammianderson » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:10 pm

this might sound like a pretty dumb question but i got thinking the other day for some reason that the thing that scares me most about loosing weight is that i will have flabby skin everywhere and no ammount of toning will help (obviously),
anyone else have a fear with loosing weight
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgwNCX/]
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 pm

I too am scared of the same thing. However I am hoping with the correct amount of exercise and toning that I will be able to reduce the amount of sagginess that I will have.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Karnak » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:59 am

I'm worried that my personality will change. Its probably an irrational fear as i'm happy with who I am. But its true that people treat bigger people differently and I could be reactive to that when I become a non-bigger person.

Also I know a few people that have become the biggest censored when they lost weight....
Karnak

Postby rivenriver » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:18 am

I've got the stupidest fear of all - I'm scared that I'm going to get lots of compliments on my weightloss. I know most people look forward to that bit, but I HATE it with a passion!!! Sure, when I go back to uni next year, it'd be nice if someone said - hey, did you loose weight? But if it's the first thing that's said to me, I'm going to die. And 2 years from now, when I'm at my goal weight and have been for some time, people I haven't seen in a long time are going to come up to me and say "Wow! You've lost weight!" without saying anything else first, as if THAT's the most important thing I've done since then, never mind everything else that I'll have achieved that is FAR more important than something as silly as what I look like. I'll also be reinforcing that stupid attitude people have that you have to loose weight to be happy, and I'll be making other people I know feel bad because they haven't lost weight (even if they don't NEED to), which may even result on me being censored about behind my back, cos people do that when they get jealous. But even beyond all that, I just hate people telling me I did good, because I'm such a perfectionist that I know there's always more I could have done and if it's not perfect I hate people telling me that it is. I just really hate people saying nice things about me a lot of the time.

Stupid, right?
rivenriver

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 am

I have a similar one to raven right now, Ive lost 21kg and I know it's good but I'm sick of people telling me I look great... I'm still a blob ffs... I find it soooo patronising it ends up making me feel worse about myself because what were they saying before? And what gives them the right to judge me on my appearance AND treat me differently as it changes? ...Probably not the best attitude to have but we're working on one problem at a time right lol :wink:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:31 am

Don't know what I'm scared of... scared of being successful, confident, outgoing! Heaven forbid :shock:
SarahC

Postby lng86 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:37 am

I agree with you Rivenriver!!!

Whilst I'm looking forward to wearing a bikini on the beach and feeling HOT - I am just scared of being at my goal.

I don't exactly know what of... But it is such unfamilar territory!!! And I HATE CHANGE!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Jisgone » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:06 pm

im scared of putting it back on!
Jisgone

Postby oostevens » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:48 pm

i m scared that i will become comfortable in one weight that i will slack off, or think i am doing well and then stack it back on :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 pm

I fear that when I lose weight, people wont understand why I wont wear a bikini, shorts, skirts, dresses or singlets. I've been using my fat as an excuse for so long. And I'll still be unhappy that I can't be like everyone else because of body hair and resulting skin problems :(

Ah well. I can only change what is possible to change. Losing weight will be an improvement. I've never had normal breasts, because of being overweight as I was growing up. They're a mess now. It's what keeps me motivated to lose weight, so I can get a lift! :D FAR outweighs my fears about losing weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm scared I won't like the way I look.

I remember hating my figure and my face when I was younger. As far as I was concerned my arse was too big, I had thighs like a rugby player, my arms were chunky and my face was too round. And this was when I was incredibly fit, healthy and thin!

Right now it's my weight I hate; Not my face, not my arse, not my thighs. I'm worried that once I lose my shell of fat I'll start hating my individual body parts again, making me even more miserable than before. After all, I'm excited and happy about the prospect of being thinner. If I get thin and I still hate the way I look, where do I go from there?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby rivenriver » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:37 am

hysterical_oliver wrote:I have a similar one to raven right now, Ive lost 21kg and I know it's good but I'm sick of people telling me I look great... I'm still a blob ffs... I find it soooo patronising it ends up making me feel worse about myself because what were they saying before? And what gives them the right to judge me on my appearance AND treat me differently as it changes? ...Probably not the best attitude to have but we're working on one problem at a time right lol :wink:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!
rivenriver

Postby Amaranthine » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 am

I'm the same, I'm scared of the flabby skin.
I got REALLY big when I was pregnant, and had a ceaser... so no matter how much weight I lose, I'm always going to have this flappy skin on my tummy.... that's definatly what I'm scared about.
Rhi
Amaranthine

Postby candycane » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 am

i agree with riven, i HATE it when people i havent seen for a while tell me i look great because i lost so much weight. Im like, didn't i look great before? Does the weight make that much difference? I'm an advocater of beauty from within, i think the happier you are the more confidence you exude and people think your attractive for that whether your overweight or not - it just helps when you loose weight to feel sexier and more confident i guess. BUt i feel embarassed when people say stuff because i don't want them thinking i was overweight or somehting i dunno im weird LOL

i also fear stretch marks without fat. Im scared my belly will be all screwy because i have stretch marks there from AGES ago so i worry about what its going to look like. I long for a taut flat belly :P
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby BusyMum » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:47 pm

I am scared of putting it back on too. I am a serial weigher. I weigh myself EVERY day. And I find even if I have one day where I eat something I shouldnt, my weight goes up. I wonder how on earth I am going to keep it off!? And now that I am so close to my goal, it is something that I worry about daily. So far, loosing it has been easy. Keeping it off is going to be the hard part. And that petrifies me :cry:
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk