It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:49 am

Free Newsletter

What scares you the most with looseing weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby opal630 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:08 am

Stretchmarks, I got them when I went through puberty before putting on weight and with the weight even more so. At least being overweight no one is interested in me so I don't have to worry about anyone wanting to see me naked.

Also, the harassment from men. I'm really shy around strangers and I used to get hit on by sleazy men all the time. And I know I would resent it even more cause they never pay any attention to me while I'm overweight.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)

Postby spaffy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:23 pm

now that i am 2kg off my goal weight people are telling me i look too thin... like a child... no longer normal... dont go overboard blah blah

being 165cm tall and 59kg is not underweight and i am tired of people feeling like it is their business to tell me what i should weight cause i certainly dont tell them they are too big, small, smell etc

sorry for the vent

but feel much better now

Losing weight - flabby skin

Postby Sydney151 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:30 pm

The skin is an amazing organ and actually is pretty elastic. For most people, when hey lose weight, the skin will go back to its normal size and shape. However, if you lose the weight too fast, the skin cannot keep up with the changes and will not shrink back down. Also, if you have been drastically overweight for a long time the skin may not pop back into place.

The best way to lose weight is to have a sensible diet and moderate exercise. (I know, these are terrible words to use, but it is the truth.) Exercise will also help the skip to remain elastic and pop back into place.

As far as telling you that you look great, most people are actually trying to encourage you to keep up the weight lose program. At least your true friends are. Anyone that would try and put you down for losing weight isn’t much of a friend anyway.

One of the main reasons for flabby skin has to do with muscle tone. If you work out, you will build muscle as you lose weight, which helps keep you from having flabby skin. Another benefit, muscle will increase your metabolism, which will burn the pounds faster.

So good luck with your weight loss. I hope you manage to lose what you need and desire.
Dieting by itself is almost always doomed to failure; you need to have a good exercise program to help with the dieting. In my Blog,, I tell about my weight loss struggles.

Postby chubba momma » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 am

im scared of lots of things.. the excess skin (i was only little when i first fell pregnant with my first and i had a big 9lb 8 bubba and i was HUGE!! ) and the 2nd was teh same. The more weight i loose the worse the little sag gets, which is silly to be afraid of becasue its better to have the sag then the tyre of fat :(

Im scared i will be treated differntly. Whilst i do enjoy getting compliments that i am looking good i get offended to think how bad i must have looked before and why did it matter anyway as i am still the same person.
chubba momma

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:49 am

I have a new one, I'm scared I won't see who I am in the mirror and only see who I was. I want to be able to look at myself for who I am when I reach my goal weight and not be reminded of who I am right now. Kind of a clean slate but I'm worried I may always see myself at 125kg :oops:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:45 pm

I'm scared that I still won't be happy with the way I look!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby shelbel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Oh ditto to that Fiona! While i realise that losing weight wont solve all of life's problems, i worry i wont be satisfied when i get to my happy weight.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Return to Weight loss Talk