It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Last 3 kilos!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Last 3 kilos!

Postby Tas » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:17 am

Well these last 3 kilo's are a bugger to shift!! :twisted:
I am actually still steadily losing the weight but it is not coming off my tummy area but every where else!!
I am doing exercises but might have to reconsider which ones to use to direct it more at the tummy (which I thought I was doing, but obviously not!)
So here back to the drawing board and hope that I can mange to target the gut!! LOL
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 am

Maria I just found this whilst surfing the net.

PHILOSOPHY:
A plan by diet expert Monica Grenfell to help you lose your bulging belly in double quick time.

SAMPLE MENU:

BREAKFAST:Two slices of toast and butter from an allowance for breakfast plus water, tea or coffee

MID-MORNING: banana milkshake and more water

LUNCH: Tuna with mashed potato for lunch.

MID-AFTERNOON: bio-yoghurt

DINNER: a piece of cod

SUPPER: one weetabix with a handful of almonds.

SUITABILITY FOR VEGETARIANS:
You will have to find non-meat substitutes for some of her
suggested menus otherwise it is a sound plan.
Dolly

Postby Angel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:13 pm

Maria,
In the March Slimming & Health magazine there is an article about "Lose your Jelly Belly", it has some tummy specific exercises in it - looks good.
Cheers,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Tas » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:31 am

Thanks Dolly and Angel!I sent a message yesterday but it disappeared!! I think it must be my service provider and the anti-spam thing!! I am missing a few messages that I sent :cry:
Thanks again :-)
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby linda » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Did you know when men exercise they lose weight from the stomach first, and with women it is the very last place. So keep going Maria you will get there! My partner said to me when I started will you have a flat stomach again when you are finished, I just laughed and said I never had a flat stomach.........lol But now it is definitely going down, but I dont think it will ever be flat.
linda

Postby Tas » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:56 pm

I'm now going to get back on track and lose these last few kilo's!! That is my commitment!! :twisted:
I meet up with my personal trainer tomorrow to work off this extra weight!
I have ben exercising and eating sensibly but still not able to shift it.
Although we had a sad day yesterday and I ate chocolate - not one bar either----------------------------------------------2 bars!!!!!!!!!!
The little lamb that I have been bottle feeding since November had more health issues than a broken leg and died yesterday!! I have been totally heart-broken :( we all fought the fight with him but it was to no avail.
Hopefully I'll work off these kilo's and feel better in myself.
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Angel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:54 pm

Oh Maria, my heart goes out to you, thats just plain awful. There's just no rhyme or reason is there!

Good on you for seeing a personal trainer, those lasts 3 kilos will shift in no time.

take care,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Tas » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:10 pm

No Angel it makes no sense - we work from home the majority of the time - so we were more often here to care for him. Because of us being able to spend so much time with him we became attached.
He acted like a little puppy, always following me around. It's so sad, I miss him terribly!
Hence the 2 bars of chocolate yesterday - and I doubt I would have worked them off today so might need to add another kilo on my weight I guess...
Thanks for your support
Maria
Tas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:06 pm

At least you may have made his short life a little easier with your care. And good luck with those last few kilos - don't fret too much about the choccie. You'll get there.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:22 pm

To Maria (Tas)

love Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Hi Maria,

Sorry to hear about your little Lamb. :cry: :cry:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Tas » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:40 am

Thank you Dolly and Fairie - I just love Dolly's ability with graphics!
The perosnal trainer gave me a good work out yesterday. I am feeling it today though!
I need to keep myself physically busy as I keep looking out for Little Mutt (the lamb) as it was a part of my daily rountine to bottle feed him and check on him as the other sheep would not stay around him much as he was a threat to them by being so disabled.
The farmer (friends of ours) have offered us another orphan next season but right now I am don't think I will take one, but nearer the time I might change my mind.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Fairie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:13 am

Hi Maria,

I know it is devastating loosing a pet you love whether it be dog, cat, bird or lamb. Please don't not have another one (later), I know it is so painful when they pass away but the unconditional love and joy they give you when they are with you is worth it.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Tas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks Fairie
We hand raised another lamb the year before last - she was born blind at 2 weeks old the ewe dropped her up a hill and left her there, normally the crows go for the weak ones and attack their eyes - the farmer noticed her under a bale of hay-she was limp and he thought she was dead. He brought her to the house and she survived that night and he asked me if I would consider looking after her - with a high possibility she would die overnight. She is Maddie and is still here and is fine with no sight. We keep her in a large paddock that she knows so well and providing we move any loose branches etc so that they don''t fall on her or she could trip over them she is fine.
So maybe next season I'll take on another one.....one fo my maremma sheepdogs loved Noel and he is looking for him too.
I just love animals they give unconditional love
Thanks Fairie
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk