It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Getting over a ‘fall out’

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting over a ‘fall out’

Postby Sophie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Last Monday I had a falling out with my food. I have since been binging big time and gained all the weight back in 4 days that has taken me 3 weeks to lose. I am at a loss, I worked my ass off but then something happened that interrupted my new eating pattern and I blew it. I really want to get back on the bandwagon. Yesterday I managed to stop eating at 4pm and today I had my last meal at 4:20 and I wont eat again until the morning.

I’m wondering if it will take me 4 days to reverse the 4 day weight gain?? Or will I need to struggle for another 3 weeks to get back to where I was 5 days ago.

I guess I learn a lesson (the hard way) ‘don’t censored up, it’s not worth it!’.
My only fear now is that I stop binging right away before I lose control :(

this is harder then i ever imagined.
Sophie

Postby sunshine » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:44 pm

I am sorry you are going through this, but if I were you, I would write off the last few days, and start afresh. Thats the only way to go really, don't be too hard on your self, it certainly is a hard game to play, this losing weight thing that I have found difficult as well.

Its because its hard to break bad habits, but we are all doing it for the long haul, so put it down as a learning curve, and know that you can always find support here. Best wishes :D
sunshine

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:54 pm

I agree with Sunshine, don't be too hard on yourself.

We all stuff up now and again. The trick is to learn from the experience so you're less likely to repeat it. Why did you end up bingeing? If you can figure that out I'd actually argue that it was worth the experience! The last time I stuffed up big time I figured out afterwards I was really cranky and stressed. Now I know that when I feel like pigging out on Tim-Tams and wine it's probably best dealt with by using anger management techniques, not by berating myself for a lack of will-power.

If you can look at what triggered your binge you can actually look at it as a positive thing. After all, it means you are far less likely to fall into those habits again further down the track.

I can't answer whether it will take four days or three weeks to lose the weight again. If your weight gain is because you retained water (a possibility if you ate heaps of salty snacks) then you could lose it very quickly. Worst case scenario it may take you a few weeks to lose the weight. Don't beat yourself up about it. Three weeks pass like no time at all. You have so many years left to your life, what does it matter if it takes an extra three weeks to get to your goal weight? And if you can gain insight into your reliance on food then this experience could actually help you keep the weight off permanently.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:00 pm

You may find that by eating badly it increases the amount of fluid you hold, that what seems to happen to me. After a bad day I notice it but after a couple of day eating well I'm back to normal minus more weight.

Don't beat yourself up too much because you have a bad day, just continue with your proper eating afterwards. The worst thing you can do is quit because you will sky rocket and be back here another few kilos higher :cry:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Justjudy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Sophie, it is a very rare bird indeed who doesn't fall off the wagon from time to time. We are all individuals, so you need to find why you fell off and work out the best way for you to get back on again.

I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to wagon falling off :oops: and I have a great deal of difficulty in juming back on. :oops: but have found that the best thing is to start afresh. But try to find out why you have fallen off in the first place, and it may help you in the long run.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Return to Weight loss Talk