It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Were You Treated Differently After Losing A Lot of Weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Were You Treated Differently After Losing A Lot of Weight?

Postby JMav » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 pm

Just had some questions for you guys...

Did you get more stares? How did the compliments make you feel?

How has your family treated you?

Just needed some motivation, I'm working really's so incredibly hard but I know the rewards will be amazing!

Postby mimosa8 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm

yes I think it is true. WE live in a shallow society. people unfortunately judge people on how they look (initially) until they know them.

People treated me with more respect when I was slimmer. I was quite slim though. 40 odd kg. size 6.

men were much nicer, they were more obliging and helpfull.

ther women commented to me that i looked nice or complemented my figure or outfit.

I felt more confident and sexy then.

the thing is with losing weight. is keeping it off. and BEING healthy.

no point being slim is you are a cranky b*tch or moody from diet pills or starve yourself or injur yourself from over exercise or whatever. dont want it to consume your life. Weighing your self worth on the scales.

I think also people treat you different because usually when people lose weight they feel better about themselves and are happier.

Not always though, some people still feel fat even when they are slim.

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 pm

yep, the times I have lost weight I definately got treated differently.

And not just by the guys. I seemed to get better service in shops and places. Maybe it was because I had better confidence? I'm not sure.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Definitely. I actually get looked at by guys now, I've had guys try to 'pick me up' which I never did before... Sales assistants in stores are much friendlier... And I also carry myself differently, with more confidence, so that makes a huge difference too!

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:49 am

Yep I have to agree, there is a massive difference to the way I am treated now to how I was treated at 104kgs.

Its the small things, I go into repco and buy a tool box for my hubby, nice cute guy at the counter is all lovely and smiling and couldn't help me enough. Even carried it out to the car. Last time I went to buy a socket set for hubby, the same guy didn't even say hi to me never mind offer to help.

I get more smiles now, people look you in the eye. Mind you I am worse than anyone, I treat myself different now. I get my hair done and eyebrows waxed, I take very good care of myself now.

there has been one bad experience where the trainer at my new job was sexually harassing me to the point where I quit. Never had to deal with that before, had no idea how to react.

Return to Weight loss Talk