It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

Feeling A Little Down :( (regarding ankle )

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling A Little Down :( (regarding ankle )

Postby JMav » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Ever since I've had this holiday from school I've decided that I wanted to lose weight, one of my favorite things to do was run for over 30minutes in the morning.

I could remember my third day going it was snowing some bit but I ran through it, I loved it, knew I was doing something great thing for my body...

Anyways, my right ankle, around this area:

hurts like hell to walk on, I think it may be getting a little better but still. I would run over the pain but I don't want to be an idiot and cause anything serious.

What would you do in my situation? Should I just ice it? I'd really like to keep exercising, I hate just sitting down all day :(
JMav

Postby milkyway » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:51 pm

I would go and see a professional like a doctor, osteopath or physiotherapist for a proper diagnosis - could be anything from a muscle strain to a sprain or something else!

Is it swollen at all?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:52 pm

PS If you're still keen to exercise, do an upperbody and abs workout until your ankle heals :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:04 pm

If you don't feel 100% over the next couple of days, you should def see a doctor in case you have done something serious. If you don't see a doctor and it feels better just start light exercise to be safe. As Milkyway said you can still do upper body training while you're resting up :D The theme park is still open even if the roller coaster is out of order 8)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:32 pm

I'd strongly recommend going to a sports podiatrist.

I ignored my niggling foot injury and as a result I've still got Plantar Fasciitis three years later. It's not worth taking the risk, especially when you consider how much exercise depends on being able to walk or run!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk