It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

thats life dieter that lost 80kg

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

thats life dieter that lost 80kg

Postby linda » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:29 pm

Did anyone else see the article in Thats Life about the lady that lost 80kg, it was very inspiring to read about how she did it. She also made the comment deny yourself nothing, okay to have some chocolate once a week, just not every day and to take it slowly with exercise just bit by bit and you will get better as you go. She just sounded like she had all the right ideas, and was in no hurry to get there because she knew she would get there in the end.
linda

Postby natalie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:41 am

HI Linda

No I have not read it.Is it in this weeks issue? If so I am going to get it as people like that who show that much courage are a real inspiration to me not just as in loosing weight but in any area of life.
It just goes to show that when someone applys themselves properley they can do anything.

Nataqlie :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Postby Rob6014 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:04 am

I have to admit, the exercise part of dieting was a real barrier to me when I was morbidly obese. And it wasn't that I was being lazy! Just strap a 30kg bag of sugar to your back and wear it all day, every day and see how 'energetic' you feel! As the weight came off I found I was naturally doing more and more. Later, worried about floppy bits, I joined a gym and did weight-lifting exercises. My weight loss did not accellerate as I worked out, probably because I was putting on muscle which is heaver (but smaller in size) than fat. It was a strange experience staying the same weight and finding I had to constanly hoik my once tight pants up.
Rob6014

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:52 pm

Issue 8 Feb 22, a very inspiring read

Postby natalie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:56 am

I am going to go and get it this arvo - I love inspiring stories like that.

Natalie :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Return to Weight loss Talk