It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Free Newsletter

HOW RUDE!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HOW RUDE!

Postby mummy2three » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Hello everyone,

Well I just came home from my daily walk most unimpressed :x. Whilst pushing my baby in her pram up a rather steep hill a group of young guys yelled out "keep walking fatty!"

I was in shock :shock: and didn't know what to say. That and they were going 100 miles an hour and wouldn't of heard. I was really angry and now feel really upset. My husband knew something was wrong, but I was almost too embarrassed to tell him :oops:. Don't know if this has happened to anyone else out there, but I was definately considering raiding the chocolate tin.

Some people are so insensitive, it's obvious that I'm trying to LOOSE weight that's why I'm out walking. Sometimes you can't win!

Sorry to go on, but I know everyone on this forum is here for the same reason and it's nice to be able to share your experiences GOOD and BAD.

Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby bferbear » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Rude little SOB's. The scary thing is they will have the rights to both vote and breed in the future.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:57 pm

I sadly have had it too I had guys the same age as me yell out a car window as i was coming out of curves when i could afford to go. Little beeps. Ive even has guys say things when i am walking with my boyfriend.
They will get thiers.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby mimosa8 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:02 pm

owh nasty boys

they obviously dont understand!

i had a friend once (male) who shouted that out of car window to people. not nice at all..

he used to say "keep walking fatty"

who the hell asked for their opinions anyway?!

you are doing the right thing walking and eating well. dont let them have the satisfaction of hurting you.

little B*stards
mimosa8

Postby CrimsonThunder » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Sometimes you just need to take it as a grain of salt and just forget about it. =]

Thats definitely better than raiding the chocolate jar.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:52 am

Reckless wrote:Sometimes you just need to take it as a grain of salt and just forget about it. =]

I think that's how you gotta deal with it too. People are pigs, some make rude comments and others do worse things. We know we're overweight, but the chances are they'll always be stupidheads :D
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:38 am

hysterical_oliver wrote:
Reckless wrote:Sometimes you just need to take it as a grain of salt and just forget about it. =]

I think that's how you gotta deal with it too. People are pigs, some make rude comments and others do worse things. We know we're overweight, but the chances are they'll always be stupidheads :D

Agreed :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby mummy2three » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks for listening and your advice everyone. You can't help but get p***ed off at people like that, but I didn't give it anymore thought the next day. Just got up, put on my shoes and headed straight up that steep hill again :D!

Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:33 pm

Sorry to hear you got such an immature and insensitive comment hun.

Probably a case of young boys trying to impress each other and make themselves feel better by bringing someone else down :roll:

I hate sh*t like that - when I see an overweight person out walking I immediately think 'good on them'. Some people have no idea and no maturity.

Keep up the great work! If they drive by in another few months you'll probably get a wolf whistle and then you can yell out 'In your dreams!' heheheh.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby shelbel » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 am

Oh poo poo to them Laney,
these will be the same 'boys' who hang out the window and wolf whistle at you when you have the hottest butt on the block!!

I hope they catch a VD! :twisted:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 pm

I got a "aren't you a bit chubby to be on a bicycle?" comment recently. But I don't let it bother me - they aren't worth my time.

The worst one I ever got was in yr11 at a Rock Eisteddfod Grand Final. I'd been working really, really hard with my dancing, and it was paying off - the week before I'd been moved into the main chorus, front row, with girls who'd been dancing all their lives (I had 2.5 years experience). I was really nervous, but giving it my all, and doing pretty well. After the rehearsal, I went back stage and heard out student lighting operator relating the comments of the adult lighting operators - "Who let the fat girl on the stage?" I nearly didn't go on that night.
rivenriver

Postby pinnky » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:42 pm

HI Lane
the EXACT same thing happened to me after the birth of my 2nd child. I was very overweight so made a point of walking each day. Well a car load of guys drove past, slowed down and started making pig noises as they slowly drove on.
I was so upset but it didnt stop me walking, think I just changed the times after that :?
pinnky

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:30 am

God these people make me SO angry :evil:

I'm sorry you guys have had to suffer these comments.

At my heaviest (76kgs which was a size 16 for me some years ago) I got comments and 'looks'.

Hold your head high ladies and take pride in giving the finger to those same guys when those comments turn into whistles :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby jessica-rae » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 am

Someone once said to me that when people say negative things towards you, it is not a reflection of you but entirely a reflection of them.

I try to remember that whenever anyone says anything negative toward me. I don't get comments on my weight (surprising, cause I feel like a heffer at the moment) but it can be negative comments about absolutely anything.

It's not easy but that's how I try to deal.

Oh, and I believe in karma. :D
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!
jessica-rae

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:36 am

jessica-rae wrote:Someone once said to me that when people say negative things towards you, it is not a reflection of you but entirely a reflection of them.

I try to remember that whenever anyone says anything negative toward me. I don't get comments on my weight (surprising, cause I feel like a heffer at the moment) but it can be negative comments about absolutely anything.

It's not easy but that's how I try to deal.

Oh, and I believe in karma. :D

I completely agree !

The last two days walking I got comments and yells out the car window ..... The boys/guys/men who yelled out, were no Brad Pitt, they were overweight !!

Go Figure !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk