Well I just came home from my daily walk most unimpressed
. Whilst pushing my baby in her pram up a rather steep hill a group of young guys yelled out "keep walking fatty!"
I was in shock
and didn't know what to say. That and they were going 100 miles an hour and wouldn't of heard. I was really angry and now feel really upset. My husband knew something was wrong, but I was almost too embarrassed to tell him
. Don't know if this has happened to anyone else out there, but I was definately considering raiding the chocolate tin.
Some people are so insensitive, it's obvious that I'm trying to LOOSE weight that's why I'm out walking. Sometimes you can't win!
Sorry to go on, but I know everyone on this forum is here for the same reason and it's nice to be able to share your experiences GOOD and BAD.
I know what you mean about exercising outdoors......I have had the same thing happen and even had a pie thrown at me!
I don't know what to say except to tell you what I do......I yell back. I don't yell back nasty things but rather nice things....... I guess what I am trying to say is that people like this are jerks! As we know jerks are everywhere (sad but true) so knowing this fact, I say have fun with it!
Here's what I yell back........
1. "Thanks sweetie your opinion means so much to me since you are not even part of my life but since you are so interested in my health I think you might have a crush on me. Sorry but I am involved with someone else! Are you going to be able to get over me?" ....... I said this to a guy who walked passed me and call me a fat pig! He did not know what to say and kept looking at the ground....hehehehe! He said sorry to - hahahahaha!
2. In response to, 'keep walking fatty'....... 'Thanks you Brad Pitt look-a-like! Do you think it will help?'
3. If they are driving in a car, I wave. If I have time I thank them for their advice!
4. I am not religious but sometimes I yell out, 'Jesus loves you brother!"
5. If I don't have time to yell back.......I wave and smile!
Immediately after I close my eyes and pretend they have called me beautiful! Why? It stops me binge eating.
I know this probably does not help! SORRY!!!
Far out .......I am pretty immature for 34 years of age hehehehe!
At the end of the day......they are not part of your life so try not to worry about what they said.......I know easier said than done!
Oh and I think some jerks just yell out things to anyone exercising in public. For example, when I was starving myself (years ago) I was arounf 40kgs and exercising in public and some guys started yelling out that I was a fat cow!
OMG......I am dribbling!
Sorry this happened to you, sorry it upset you.......I really am! However, try to have fun with it.......if you want cause that's what I do!
Sometimes when I yell nice things back the look on their faces is priceless!