It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:39 am

Thats so true Jessica - people like that are EVERYWHERE. They will comment on so many different things to put you down to make themselves feel better.

My SIL is like that and I HATE it. She will only ever say bad things about us - our house, cars, animals etc and when we buy nice things or make improvements she never gives positive comments.

I personally would roll over and die before I EVER said a comment of any kind to an overweight person...its horrible and is NO ONE'S business.

I personally like the 'I may be fat but you're ugly and I can diet' comment :lol: 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it can make you feel better!

I think so long as you know you're doing the right things and love yourself then to hell with everyone, no matter what the comment is!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby Juddy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:10 am

I've had this a lot (well not while pushing a pram). It is why I have never been to the beach with my friends (even recently!) - the teasing while swimming at school was enough, plus this time at the homebush swimming centre...

It is why I go running late at night, wearing all-black and un-revealing clothing.

But this doesn't stop people... they're usually passengers trying to impress their friends, often people who have just gotten their licenses so they're going "for a cruise"

I was running one night with ear phones in (as usual), but this time I was on the footpath beside a main road. I was running up a hill and this car drives by. As soon as it was next to me, a passenger screamed out at me "ARGH!!!" - I couldn't hear the car approaching because of the earphones but the it really did shock me, to the point I nearly tripped and hurt myself.

For some reason I was furious. I picked up speed, and the car was stopped at the next lights. I nearly made it to the car... shame, I really felt like yelling into their window.

Postby Juddy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:19 am

Also, watch this guy trying to hit a cyclist on the back of the head:

Postby hysterical_oliver » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:14 am

lol I~RonY~!!!!!!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Postby mummy2three » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:19 am

KARMA! You can't go around yelling / throwing s**t out of your car window at other people, before something comes back to you! Like another cars bumper..... :shock:.
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

Postby Juddy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:25 pm

I wonder if that guy, after all the reconstructive surgery, decided to be nice to others?

Postby mummy2three » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:35 pm

You'd hope so. However, Im guessing he'll be keeping his comments/hands to himself after that one. :roll:
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:56 pm

mummy2three wrote:Hello everyone,

Well I just came home from my daily walk most unimpressed :x. Whilst pushing my baby in her pram up a rather steep hill a group of young guys yelled out "keep walking fatty!"

I was in shock :shock: and didn't know what to say. That and they were going 100 miles an hour and wouldn't of heard. I was really angry and now feel really upset. My husband knew something was wrong, but I was almost too embarrassed to tell him :oops:. Don't know if this has happened to anyone else out there, but I was definately considering raiding the chocolate tin.

Some people are so insensitive, it's obvious that I'm trying to LOOSE weight that's why I'm out walking. Sometimes you can't win!

Sorry to go on, but I know everyone on this forum is here for the same reason and it's nice to be able to share your experiences GOOD and BAD.

Lane xo

I know what you mean about exercising outdoors......I have had the same thing happen and even had a pie thrown at me!

I don't know what to say except to tell you what I do......I yell back. I don't yell back nasty things but rather nice things....... I guess what I am trying to say is that people like this are jerks! As we know jerks are everywhere (sad but true) so knowing this fact, I say have fun with it!

Here's what I yell back........

1. "Thanks sweetie your opinion means so much to me since you are not even part of my life but since you are so interested in my health I think you might have a crush on me. Sorry but I am involved with someone else! Are you going to be able to get over me?" ....... I said this to a guy who walked passed me and call me a fat pig! He did not know what to say and kept looking at the ground....hehehehe! He said sorry to - hahahahaha!

2. In response to, 'keep walking fatty'....... 'Thanks you Brad Pitt look-a-like! Do you think it will help?'

3. If they are driving in a car, I wave. If I have time I thank them for their advice!

4. I am not religious but sometimes I yell out, 'Jesus loves you brother!"

5. If I don't have time to yell back.......I wave and smile!

Immediately after I close my eyes and pretend they have called me beautiful! Why? It stops me binge eating.

I know this probably does not help! SORRY!!!

Far out .......I am pretty immature for 34 years of age hehehehe!

At the end of the day......they are not part of your life so try not to worry about what they said.......I know easier said than done!

Oh and I think some jerks just yell out things to anyone exercising in public. For example, when I was starving myself (years ago) I was arounf 40kgs and exercising in public and some guys started yelling out that I was a fat cow!

OMG......I am dribbling!

Sorry this happened to you, sorry it upset you.......I really am! However, try to have fun with it.......if you want cause that's what I do!

Sometimes when I yell nice things back the look on their faces is priceless!

Return to Weight loss Talk