It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Free Newsletter

I hate the scales!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I hate the scales!

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:53 am

Hi all,

As you can see in my siggie, i've lost 3kgs so far but thats just with diet changes, not much exercise. To lose the rest I need to exercise and have started doing lots of it this last week and i'm really enjoying it :shock:

Anyway, I am a self obcessed weigher and weigh myself all the time :oops:

Its been almost 2 weeks since I started exercising and this morning the scales tell me that since that time I have put on 1/2 kg!!!

My clothes are loser which is great but I want to see the scales go down to stop me from pigging out! When do you think this will happen? I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that but i've got excess fat to lose so I just really thought I might have lost some, not gained some!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:25 pm

Congrats on ur loss so far!

Dont stress about the scales...there are sooooooooo many different reasons why the scales say that you have gained 1/2 kg...

*what youve eaten that day, how much water you've drunk, fluid retention due to heaps of different reasons, your bladder or bowels may have been full etc etc

Weigh yourself in a week or so and see what they say. From your sig i can see you dont have much to loose, so therefore your losses will be slower. And if your clothes are fitting better then you ARE LOOSING...so no need to stress. Its only a number on the scales!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby loveat116 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:14 am

In reality, exercise doesn't contribute THAT MUCH to weight loss, its mostly diet.

People usually gain a little weight when they start exercising cause they think, "oh i did this at the gym, so i can eat this". When in fact they cant, cause exercise doesnt burn THAT many calories

Anyway, dont stress. You should measure progress by how your clothes fit or take your inches!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Re: I hate the scales!

Postby help6363 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:45 am

Fiona25 wrote:Hi all,

As you can see in my siggie, i've lost 3kgs so far but thats just with diet changes, not much exercise. To lose the rest I need to exercise and have started doing lots of it this last week and i'm really enjoying it :shock:

Anyway, I am a self obcessed weigher and weigh myself all the time :oops:

Its been almost 2 weeks since I started exercising and this morning the scales tell me that since that time I have put on 1/2 kg!!!

My clothes are loser which is great but I want to see the scales go down to stop me from pigging out! When do you think this will happen? I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that but i've got excess fat to lose so I just really thought I might have lost some, not gained some!

Sorry the scales have not moved...hang in there! :D

You could try measuring yourself with a tape measure if you wanted so that you can see you have lost inches.

Just hang in there......the scales will move!

BIG HUGS! :D
help6363

Return to Weight loss Talk